Best tires in the front or the back ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GirlRacer22

I was just wondering if I were to buy 2 new winter tires, should I put them on the front tires or on the back tires? I have good arguments to believe they could go on either end.

Kat

Best tires in the front or the rear???

If your old tires are still good then put the new ones in the front.
If not then new ones in the rear thats if your car is a FWD.

Re: Best tires in the front or the rear???

I am from the camp that believes the best tires should always go in that back of the car. If the front tires lose taction, they will continue to slide in whatever direction they were going (straight line). If, however, the rear tires start to slide, they can (and usually will) start to slide out (sideways) causing more chance of an accident.

Matt

you usually put the best tires where you feel less comfortable loosing it...if your affraid of understeer, put them in front (actually thats where they should be in the winter) but if you are more affraid of loosing the rear put them there.

Even better if your old ones are so used that they become a hasard, don't put them in the front nor the rear, change them all! they are cheaper then you insurance deductible...:(

in front! You want to be able to steer your car ! :) Even more so if you've got a FWD.

I believe the best tires should go in the back.

If not, you will loose the back end on the highway.

I agree with this man... what's his name again ? Rainnman ?
:p

You should but one in front and one in back, that way you'll have half of a decent handling car! :)

Ask for an early X-Mas gift for the other 2 tires, your family will probably want you to be safe on the roads right now!

Pa

I've also always believed that the best should be in the rear....your car is heavy enough to have traction in front.

Better to not be able to get going to quickly if you can't control the car. By having the best tires in the rear, your car be a lot more predictable.

Matt

i put one good one on the front left and the other on the right rear, that way im sure to get @#%$ in every situation!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back