VQ 30 DEK Race Injector cuts still????? HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

drews240

Ok I am at wits end with this NEED REAL HELP. Facts please not theories.

2001 VQ30DEK with CAM, CRANK and FLYwheel sensors

350Z injectors, heads and NIsmo Race cams

Greedy Emanage Ultimate, 1998 Maxima ECU,

Injectors cut between 4800 and 5400RPM under load.

Does it need a 2001 ECU?

Doeas it want O2 sensor?

Does it want a speed sensor?

Does it matter if the ECU is Auto/Manual?

Thanks in advance.

Drew

drews240 said:
Ok I am at wits end with this NEED REAL HELP. Facts please not theories.

2001 VQ30DEK with CAM, CRANK and FLYwheel sensors

350Z injectors, heads and NIsmo Race cams

Greedy Emanage Ultimate, 1998 Maxima ECU,

Injectors cut between 4800 and 5400RPM under load.

Does it need a 2001 ECU?

Doeas it want O2 sensor?

Does it want a speed sensor?

Thanks in advance.

Drew

crank , cam and FLYWHEEL ? , never heard of a flywheel sensor

and by injector cut what do you mean ? if the ecu is saying a value that doesn't seem normal it can cut fuel to leave the engine "safe"

on focus engine there is a temparature sensor , if the sensor goes too high the ecu cuts fuel so the cylinder act as air pumps to cool off, maybe this could be your problem? a bad sensor (one that isn't compatible with the ecu) or you could check your grounds also to see if one has a big woltage drop, bad grounds make weird problem

EDIT: i bet it's the emanage thaty gives a out of range value to the ecu so the ecu goes in failsafe

Just taught of something.
What kind of wires are you using for the cranks sensor, cam phase and flywheel sensors?
I think you are using a Maxima block. I will bet you that you needed to cut the harness and make an extension of some of the wires for these sensors because the engine is mounted differently??

What kind of extension did you do? those sensors transmit a "low current" and "high frequency" signal that requires a shielded wire all the way, from the sensor to the ECU. If you dont use the proper wire, the ecu will catch a great load of noise on the signal because of the nature of the signal.

If you required an extension, could you describe how you did your extension(s)?

BMW_Max said:
Just taught of something.
What kind of wires are you using for the cranks sensor, cam phase and flywheel sensors?
I think you are using a Maxima block. I will bet you that you needed to cut the harness and make an extension of some of the wires for these sensors because the engine is mounted differently??

What kind of extension did you do? those sensors transmit a "low current" and "high frequency" signal that requires a shielded wire all the way, from the sensor to the ECU. If you dont use the proper wire, the ecu will catch a great load of noise on the signal because of the nature of the signal.

If you required an extension, could you describe how you did your extension(s)?

you are also right
in fact his problem could have so much answer it's hard to tell on internet
if he was closer i would go and see with a scope and check everything but i think he lives really far

Man I will take the car anywhere to solve this shit quickly I do not want to miss any more races>>>>>>>>

I will look into the sheilding with Robin, He did the harness and emanage hook up.

Yes a maxima block converted to match the 350Z uppers and oil pan.; and yes all custom wiring.

LET U KNOW.

Drew

drews240 said:
Man I will take the car anywhere to solve this shit quickly I do not want to miss any more races>>>>>>>>

I will look into the sheilding with Robin, He did the harness and emanage hook up.

Yes a maxima block converted to match the 350Z uppers and oil pan.; and yes all custom wiring.

LET U KNOW.

Drew

Robin has a device he plugs on his laptop that acts like a scope, he could back probe the signal of the 3 sensors while the car is under load to see if the signal stay clean. He uses this to interpret the signal from the knock sensor.

drews240 said:
Does it need a 2001 ECU?

If anything, I wouldn't touch the 99-01 ECU's. The earlier ECU's (1995-1996) are apparently easier to tune and less complex, at least according to JWT. They only cracked the 95-96 ECUs and will fit in 97-98's with a CEL but the 99-01 maximas are different and more complex.

Last edited:
drews240 said:

No. It just throws a CEL but does not affect anything else. My old 95 now has an auto ECU and other than the CEL it runs perfect.

It ran like shit (27 degrees of timing at idle, very hard to start, erratic idle, backfires) JUST because of a stupid ground that wasn't installed correctly. Sometimes it's insignificant crap like that. Something to think about.

I've never heard of such a problem. Once an aftermarket tuning device like the E-U enters the equation it becomes a lot more complex.

I wouldn't look at the crank REF (bellhousing) or POS (pulley) sensors. Mine was wired incorrectly and the car simply would not start. Same with the timing chain cover Cam sensor. Just does not start.

It's either a bad ECU, improper E-U tuning or the injectors themselves. Can't really be anything else.

Are you using an aftermarket FPR?

Update

After all the messing around and adding diodes to the ignition lines, changing all sensors, basically a month of ****ing around! we disconnected the injectors from the greddy emanage ultimate and it now seems to be fine.

Issues to deal with: Greddy won't change my rev limiter in the 1998 ECU??? I need to rev to 8500

I would still like to know if they can resolve the injector issue cause I want to use it for everything i can.

if someone has help let me know.

thanks Drew

Update

After much heartache and lots of hours we decided to take out the Grand am Race cams and see if the problems were compounded by them, they were!!

We then proceeded to tear apart the harness after the Greddy was taken out of the equasion. I cleaned and traced all the wires to the injectors, Ignition and condensor, turns out that the signal wire to injector 6 was not good, and there were tiny slices in 5 out of six injector wires (arching maybe). We had this fixed in about 10 minutes and then Vroooooooooom!

I am happy to report that the car is f'.;/;g killer!!! it pulls and pulls for days, more than i expected, a true joy (whooooo huuuuuuuuu joy!!!!).

I did about three laps and blew the stock 350Z clutch (no biggie) it took some abuse over the last 3 months and appearantly they are not suited to any kind of abuse it had only 10,000K when installed.

I will compile a list detailing what works for the motor set up with sensors and wiring and then post it, We now know for the future to build it up as close to stock first, get all the bugs out then modify.

Thanks for everyones help (200sxBoy saves the day):bigup: :bigup:

Drew

drews240 said:
After much heartache and lots of hours we decided to take out the Grand am Race cams and see if the problems were compounded by them, they were!!

We then proceeded to tear apart the harness after the Greddy was taken out of the equasion. I cleaned and traced all the wires to the injectors, Ignition and condensor, turns out that the signal wire to injector 6 was not good, and there were tiny slices in 5 out of six injector wires (arching maybe). We had this fixed in about 10 minutes and then Vroooooooooom!

I am happy to report that the car is f'.;/;g killer!!! it pulls and pulls for days, more than i expected, a true joy (whooooo huuuuuuuuu joy!!!!).

I did about three laps and blew the stock 350Z clutch (no biggie) it took some abuse over the last 3 months and appearantly they are not suited to any kind of abuse it had only 10,000K when installed.

I will compile a list detailing what works for the motor set up with sensors and wiring and then post it, We now know for the future to build it up as close to stock first, get all the bugs out then modify.

Thanks for everyones help (200sxBoy saves the day):bigup: :bigup:

Drew

Anytime dude !

PS : the car is like he said .. a f'.;/;g killer!!! :laugh:

Hey glad to hear the car is working good!

I saw you at TLC a few weeks ago and it did sound a bit strange.

Congrats on the project, really original:bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back