Wheelhop in S13

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr20detconv

Shop Representative
Bon je trouve que mon auto wheelhop beaucoup quand je décolle rapidement(les roues spin).Plus les roues spin plus sa hop.
Ces quoi les causes possible.Moi j'avais penser que p-e les pneus pourraient en etre la cause.
En pensant la voiture ces une Silvia 89.

Ça pourrais être plein de choses:

-Tes tires
-Le cul trop léger
-La transmission est ****ée
-Ou autre choses

1-Si tes tires gripent trop pour la force du moteur, le cul a tendance à sauter
2-Si t'as fait subire une cure d'amègrisssement à ton char, il est peut-ètre trop léger et encore là, ce serait surtout à cause de tires
3-Si tes gears sautent quand tu fait un burnout, ça fait aussi sauter les pneus.

En espèrant d'avoir aidé.

dapres moi c les shock qui qui absorbe pu le rebond des springs fak ca fais que le mouvement est pas amortie ce qui fait bouncer.. ce que les springs sont supposé faire mais que les shocks atténue normalement... IMO

NO NO and NO!!! .... wheel hop is caused by the movement of the rear subframe, it jumps when the wheels get traction, get subframe collars and you will be ok.:bigup:

collarS13.jpg

these fit between the subframe , they eliminate the play you get when the subframe torques.

Dropping the car will help like 5%, subframe collars or solid bushings will help the other 95%

Use collars if you daily drive ur car, use solid bushings if your hardcore.

dropping the car will not help wheel hop on a 240, spring rates wont cure the problem, unless your running insane kg. springs. u will need the collars, on a S14, there are 2 subframe problems.... the 4 main bushings that will flex, and the differential bushings that will die out and cause a loud knocking noise on acceleration/deceleration. installing the collars will create a humming noise that u will hear inside the car, mainly from the diff. replacing the bushings with solid ones like the ones i have on my silvia....
driftilvia001.jpg

will make you get ear plugs:bigup: :run:

okok thanx alot!
The car is completely stock so the bushing may be a good thing.
Combein sa vaut des bushing comme sa et c'es-tu bien compliquer a mettre?

sr20detconv said:
okok thanx alot!
The car is completely stock so the bushing may be a good thing.
Combein sa vaut des bushing comme sa et c'es-tu bien compliquer a mettre?

les bushing sont 40 a 60$ US sur ebay. c pas tres compliquer a faire SI tes boulons et des noix n'ont pas beaucoup de rouille pis tous se defaite a merveille

Je viens d'aller voir sa sur EBAY mais il y a beaucoup de choix.Ils ont tous l'air d'être faite en aluminium alors je supose que ces tous des solid bushing:dunno: ? Aider moi a faire un choix pour une s13 dailydriver.Temps qu'a les changer on va fair eun mini upgrade.ET comme vous me dites juste besoin d'enlever les 4 bolt du subframe?Ces presser ou pas?
Merci

http://motors.search.ebay.com/s13-subframe-collars_W0QQfromZR40

jai le mem prob sur ma coupe....mais moi cest kan je pren un virage, pis jaccelere en meme temps pis ke je frappe un nid de poule en meme temps :p la voiture sautre bcp...comme des grosse vibrations...masi mes shocks arrieres sotn dla marde...alors je suppose que cest la cause:yikes:

bings.ca

ou son240sx.ca section bings.ca dans le forum

im pretty sure he sells what you need for very cheap and you dont need to ship across the border!! :bigup:

ill be ordering multi-link rear suspension components from him when i have the cash!!!

i'd suggest to buy this type because you don't need to lower the frame completely. on my coupe, on one side, the metal sleeve of the bushing was rusted on the "stud" of the subframe. so it would be much wiser to use the bushings with a slot in it
newsubframecollars1.jpg

this one, u'd have to take it all off... which could be impossible to install if you ran into problem like mine
b0_1.jpg

PS. i've seen one auction and the bushings were made out of hard plastic. it's suppose to reduce noise for a daily driver...

sr20detconv said:
Je viens d'aller voir sa sur EBAY mais il y a beaucoup de choix.Ils ont tous l'air d'être faite en aluminium alors je supose que ces tous des solid bushing:dunno: ? Aider moi a faire un choix pour une s13 dailydriver.Temps qu'a les changer on va fair eun mini upgrade.ET comme vous me dites juste besoin d'enlever les 4 bolt du subframe?Ces presser ou pas?
Merci

http://motors.search.ebay.com/s13-subframe-collars_W0QQfromZR40

c plus que 4 bolt en tout... environ 6-8 puisqu'il u a des petits noix de 12mm qui tiennent d'autre chose... pis c pas presser, faut just enlever tout les noix/boulons ki tien le subframe... oublis pas la suspention aussi lol:D

Silvia S13 said:
dropping the car will not help wheel hop on a 240, spring rates wont cure the problem, unless your running insane kg. springs. u will need the collars, on a S14, there are 2 subframe problems.... the 4 main bushings that will flex, and the differential bushings that will die out and cause a loud knocking noise on acceleration/deceleration. installing the collars will create a humming noise that u will hear inside the car, mainly from the diff. replacing the bushings with solid ones like the ones i have on my silvia....
driftilvia001.jpg

will make you get ear plugs:bigup: :run:

Very nice setup you got there. If you don't mind, could you pm me a list of the parts you're using. pls pls:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back