***Bike Insurance Premiums Increase - RIpoff?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

tan1

Legacy Member
Guys & Gals,

I'd like to know what's happening on your side for your bike insurance...

Mine got increased about 500$ per year to 2500$ (2-ways) for a 2001 CBR 929 Erion... Perfect biking record... no insurance claim. ever.

My friend got it worse... he got a 50% increase... 3000$ for a 2002 954 CBR (think of it... in 3 years, he would have paid off the equivalent total value of his bike !)

3000$ fees to cover 10000$ sounds insane to me.

What's happening on your side ?

Well nothing yet, I'm still waiting for me renewal, expected beginning of April. I am expecting the worst because of what everybody is getting but my bike is a 98 so it might not be that bad. I have a 750 SRAD. I was paying 830$ last year for full coverage so if I can get away with it for under 1000$ this year, I'll be happy, if not I'll just insure it one way. At 750$ deductible, I can fix almost anything myself for that price unless something really goes bad... Where are you insured?

I'll just work more overtime... we only live once.... thanks blood !

i'm insured through Personnelle White Z... best price could find..

How's the Gixxer ? getting her ready for springtime !?

Last edited:
Well I'm with Ja Lemieux wich goes through Jefco. I can't wait to get my premium. My insurance is good till mid of May so I will get it soon for sure. Can't wait to see the price. I hope it won't be that bad but considering I have a older bike (1998), maybe it won't be as bad.

Well the bike has been ready for a long time. I have riden 3 times this year already and rode yesterday. It was f*ck!ng freazing but at least I was riding. Didn't go to far but it still felt good. To cold for wheelies though, I tryed but all I got was wheel spin.

man White Z ! U do love biking to get out yesterday ! :) want to ride this sunday (they say 6 Celsius :) downtown Montreal ? i'm sure we'll be pulled by cops but it's perfectly legal to drive anytime... at your own risks...:)

why do you guys insure 2 ways? If you crash hard enough that you can't afford to fix it yourself chances are you won't be around to see the bike fixed by the insurance co. I pay $600.00 / year for a 2001 r1 1 way and theft.

Well I can't ride on Sunday, it's my systers birthday so I'll be busy but yes I'm kinda nut riding when it's -10 but I've riden in colder weather. As long as I see asphalt, I will ride my bike, not far but still take it out for a couple of miles just to help me get through winter.

Well I stunt with my bike and if I wheelie my bike and it starts tumbling, them the frame will be gone and that's when I will need my insurance. I'm thinking of reducing my coverage just like you have, 1 side with therf and if something goes wrong well I'll just fix it myself, that's what I always do anyways. I guess it's just a safety nett but I've never used it yet.

Moi mes assurances d'auto et de moto ont baissées cette année, je viens de recevoir mon renouvellement... et en plus j'ai décidée d'assurer ma moto juste pour responsabilité civile cette année... donc je passe de 1100$/année à 226$/année... ;)

for 1 way i paid $280 on my ninja, for 2 way they wanted $3000!!!its not worth it. ill pay the cost of the bike in 2 years!

Originally posted by Millenia
Moi mes assurances d'auto et de moto ont baissées cette année, je viens de recevoir mon renouvellement... et en plus j'ai décidée d'assurer ma moto juste pour responsabilité civile cette année... donc je passe de 1100$/année à 226$/année... ;)

quelle conpagnie ?

hey it's really such a scam these insurers.
i'm looking into getting a bike myself and i'm thinking even if i would have a newer bike like some of you, i would insure it only one way. Because; do you really think you're gonna have an accident that's gonna cost more than what you're paying for a two way insurance? Maybe, but anyhow, for most people I think one way is the way to go because it's obligatory and for theft.

my 0.02

Well your right unless the bike gets totalled. If your going to pay 3000$ a year for insurance, it's not worth it because like you said, in 2 years, you will have paid off your bike with that kind of money and even if you have a new bike, it's very hard to get more than 5000$ worth of damage unless you can't fix anything yourself and get everything done at the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back