suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stangboy

Legacy Member
I really dont know what to do with my suspension.
heres the prob: i have lowered coils on it but they dont lower it enought. I was thinking about a lower full street suspension but ill loose alot of grip at the track. The problem is i use my car to do both drag and street. I tought about air suspension but some told me the handling would be crappy. What should i do? I really want to be able to lower the car without affecting 1/4mile lauch and have the best cornering possible.

Mustang 2000 Gt

Pick one or the other:rolleyes:
What you want is impossible cause you are working against Physics:)
I don't make them up its how it is:D
Since the begining people what the all round best and is boils down to comprimise:dunno:

with the air suspension i would be able with the switch to adjust the car to perform on street and track no?
i mean lower for street, jack the rear a little bit to give me more grip on track?Ever tried those? give good results?
What about hydraulics?

Hydrolics and Air Suspension is blingy.
There is Drag suspension and there is Hancling Suspension Pick one:dunno:
The wheel has been invented already:)
In Drag racing you need the weight to transfer to the back and in handling you need to keep as stiff and level as possible:cool:
So you see you need to comprimise you can't have both:bigup:

This was my list for suspension mods for my ex Mustang.

Intrax 2" lowering springs.
KYB shocks and struts.
BBK strut tower brace.
Kenny Brown Super Subs.
BBK caster/camber plates.

I'm pretty sure that all these parts are available for an SN95. I was told that the ride would be nice on the street, and that it would still hook on the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back