Sub Box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chrisa0

Hey, i was wondering if anyone knew a good spot to get a sub box, i need a 2 12 box. i dont want to make one cause ill prolly @#%$ up and it will sound ****ty. Alos if you know a place that installs would really help.

Thanks

Chris

dont worry it will be easly taken out during the race days. im just not gonna spend my money on engine mods til i swap and im not doing that til summer so i need some music to pass the winter

Re: .

ya i had it on there when i bought it but i took it off along with the civic sticker and dx

do you know the guy i bought it from? i forgot his name but i think it started with a j or a g, gerry? jerry? something like that

Its not hard at all. You need some basic knowledge though. You also need in depth specs of the drivers you want to box. Each driver needs a certain volume of air behind it for it to perform the way you want it to. It also depends on what you want. A sealed enclosure, ported, bandpass, etc. One thing is for sure though, MDF is the way to go when it comes to building material.

I think im just gonna make a sealed box. where do i find out how much the driver needs?

In the specs. It's in LITERS. If u can't find it, it's not the end of the world. Just use dimensions comparable to existing systems. Understand?

someone is gonna sell me a box made for 2 12 inch JL subs and i have 2 JBL subs is it gonna sound really ****ty?

Ok here are my subs
www.jbl.com/car/product.a...UB&ser=GTS

now here are the specs he gave me for his box

1.75 cubic feet.
Single connection for both subs and I believe 4 Watts per speaker.

thats all he told me do you think there will be any problems?

I dont think the impedance is what's important here. What i dont understand is why he didn't tell you the wattage... find out

Ok thanks, what should the wattage pat told me it doesnt have to be exactly 300 watts cause i think thats what my subs are he said in the range, how far in the range should i go, how low? 250? 200?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back