idle problem 240sx (imagine that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wack

problems:

-very hard to start when cold (when its hot it starts normally)

-after starting if i dont press the gas the revs will bubble down till it stalls

-depending on the conditions i drive the car in the idle will be between 450 and 650 but wont stall.

-the hotter it gets the more the idle seems normal - 700 rpm(but still not complety normal)

-after the car warms up and i stop it then start it again (like to get groceries) it seems to run a bit like shit, not that noticible though

-last week during heavy traffic (about 45min worth of heavy stop and go) i turned off the car to pick up my friend and when i left the parking lot it almost stalled, so i gave it more gas to no effect, even in second gear it stumbled and bucked its way through, then it ran very shitty the whole highyway ride (lots of lost power)

-during idle (no mater how fast/slow its idling) it ocassionally stumbles, you can feel it inside the car, just like a little jolt, as if it missed a cylinder every 300 rotations or so.

so far ive cleaned the throttle body and intake manifold, and all that did was change the idle from too low to too high (450 - 650rpm and now its 700-1100rpm)

ive checked all the hoses and the only thing with a hole i could find is the bottom hose on the B.P.T vavle (whitch i do not know what it does, and sits right next to the E.G.R control valve) i taped it up just temporarily to see if it would make a difference, to no avail.

also ive changed the plugs whitch made no difference at all.

im going to take care of this problem once and for all this weekend, so if any of you, have any suggestions, or had some or all of these problems before and fixed it somehow, let me know or what you did.

*edit* this is a stock 1990 240sx (KA24E)

thanks! :bigup:

Nick

temperature sensor....... i'm sure at 100%. It's the red plug in the front of the engine below de throttle body.

hmm possible, but it doesnt overheat or overcool at all. either way, its worth a test *tu* any one else have suggestions?

well i didnt get to work on this problem much this weekend because the starter went on me, so i had to rebuild it and re-wire it, but before the starter went, i managed to pull the error codes off the ecu, and it was 13 - coolant tempurature sensor. so i changed it but it didnt solve my problems, but while fixing the starter i got a brief wiff of fuel, so i traced it down to the #1 injector. this would explain my hard starting problems and probably many others as well. the fuel lines would lose pressure when the car is off whitch would explain the hard starting in thoery.

gonna change the o-rings/injectors somtime this week, and ill post back with the results :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back