Suspension Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subzero

Alright, I've decided I want to slam my car. No lowering springs seem to offer drops bigger then 1.7", and I'm looking more in the range of 3"-3.5". Is my only option coilovers? If so wich would you recommend for a S14. If possible add price with your suggestion.

thx.

Coilovers are the way to go for every situation in a 240. Stance is excellent, you can get them for 1500CDN from www.bings.ca or 1299US$ from Phase2, Enjuku, etc. If that's to much you can get Megan/D2/Form+Function etc it's all the same for like 1200-1300CDN, there's actually a group buy for the F+F on www.son240sx.ca right now.

Look for 8/6 spring rates if you are going to be driving the car daily, you can do 7/5 to, but that gets way soft. I had 9/7 with hardest setting and 20mm of preload and it handled like it was on rails, but my ass took one hell of a beating in the city. I'm going to get Stance 8/6 for next summer.

Also, I would suggest getting tie rod ends that you can adjust the length to compensate for bump steer if you are dropping 3.5".

thx man, exacly what I was looking for.

PS: Mind linking the group buy? I went in the group buy section on the forum and didn't find anything.

I would suggest getting Stance over D2 or Megan, but if you get the bottom level one, I'd stay away from D2, it's hit or miss, but usually miss, the springs are cheap and the dampeners don't last (but they did have a revised dampener lasty ear so maybe now they are better, but the springs are still crap.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back