Help! 2001 Sentra rear brake shoes replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnTi_GeL

I am trying to change the damn brake shoes on my mother's car but I came into this problem:

It appears that you must remove the center hub in order to remove the pads. So I take off the grease cap (that has no grease in it ... !?) and find out this 30mm bolt with a flange skweased on the center shaft. How must I remove this bolt ?

Must I redress the 2 flanges ? Must I force it to turn with the impac gun ??

Must I buy a new one for reinstallation ? what's the torque force to apply, or thumb rule ?

plz help !
thanks.

Uh you don't have to remove the disk to change the pads.

All you have to do is to remove the caliper and then change the pads and reisntall the caliper.

If you can read in French, check this link. I've done an "how-to" with my Spec V for the replacement of the front and the rear brakes.

http://www.npclub.com/bb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22683

So, for the rear, you have to remove the 2 14mm bolts on the caliper and the other one on the bracket of the handbreak. Then you will be able to remove the caliper and replace yours pads. If you want to change the disk to, remove the 2 17mm bolts behind the disk (caliper support) and you will be able to remove the disk. Take an hammer if it doesn't move. ;)

That's all! You don't have to remove the bearing bolts.

sorry it might not be clear that I'm talking of drum brakes....

En passant je parle français, je croyais juste rejoindre plus de monde en anglais...

merci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back