body kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything it will probably make it a little slower. It adds weight and increases the coefficient of drag.

Matt

some of them help direct air to the radiator and the front brakes, but not usually needed for street aplication.

Yes, but most front ends are built with good wind tunnel specs...wouldn't a wider bumper catch in the wind a bit more??

Yup...after a certain point the more you give, the less you will get in return. It is a slope that once it reaches it's peak return, will ontinue to drop infinitely.

Matt

I think people put it a lot more for looks than anything else.

it must, but im not sure how much, it really depends on how much power the car has to start with. i think it will only have an effect on the cars performance over 180kph.

You know how you can tell that most of the skirt kits dont do jack sprat for performance? They look too nice! Ever seen the Pikes Peek Rally cars? Those things have the ugliest front spoilers known to man, yet they compete in events where 1/10th of a second means the difference between 1st and 2nd place. :)

look at the speedvision cars only a small chin spoiler, but they have special designed kits under the car for suction.

they also drive at the speed where wings and aerodynamics come into play.

For street cars, aerodynamics aren't gonna do much. they're just there to add to the look. The only time I can see it having a use is if you need to fit a frount mounted intercooler, and need a special bumper to give you clearance. Or you need a custom rear bumber with a cutout for your exhaust, and then again, most of the time you won't need that.

or you shave your door handles so ppl dont open the doors when your "bustin'the moves" in the back seat!!!!

Hey, I hear on the wrx's that if you disconnect the hairdryer thing and block that bird feeder, I mean hood scoop, you will have a higher top speed!!! lol

Matt

I just chucked that hair dryer thing in the garbage. I couldn't figure out what it did, and I figured I would help save weight if i removed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back