My 240SX Build Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

logik23

Legacy Member
So hi, my name is Jonathan, I just turned 19, I got to Dawson (my car is never there so robbers...:squintfin ), I work at Canadian Tire and I live in Montreal, I've wanted a 240 for years and finally got one and now I'm finally getting work done on it so I thought I'd start a build thread since D1 Champ was doing it and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I did a lot of stuff over the last year, but things...didn't go my way (to keep it polite) on most of it, so now I gotta start over.

I got my car July 13th 2005(lucky day for me, but the start of an unlucky chain of events lol). It was a bone stock, black on black 1992 240SX LE Super HICAS 5 speed. All it had was a some old gay Alpine deck. (It was stolen alogn with my Topaz a few months ago. lol) This is the car the week I got it. Didn't even have plates yet. The car had 192,129kms when I bought it, right now (summer driving only) it has 213,xxxkms. 10w30 Mobil1 with Nissan filter all the time. :D lol

DSCN3220.jpg

DSCN3223.jpg

DSCN3235.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0672.jpg

I did a little work on the car, change spark plugs, cleaned out the airbox, cut holes in it which makes the car sound amazing at WOT. I found this in the little hose that comes out of the airbox.
DSCN0664.jpg

DSCN0665.jpg

In the next few months, I got plates, a sound system and JDM turn signals.

Government says "no vanity (custom) plates", I say :squintfin .
Plate.jpg

DSCN0737.jpg

DSCN3250.jpg

This was my sub box that I overpayed because it's garbage and the amp that came with it was a speaker amp, the guys at FutureShop laughed at me when I went to get it installed. (Last time anyone else but me touched my car, lol)
DSCN0670.jpg

This was the super ghetto wiring job the previous owner had done for his deck, I bought a factory connector and wired it back in before installing my new deck.
DSCN3237.jpg

Last edited:
During the winter I decided the shave the rear wing (wow, what a huge mistake to do myself. I don't have a welder so I used bondo and I don't have a real paint gun so I used rattle can, the trunk turned out sooooo shitty, I should of listened to everyone here lol, but live and learn I guess.)

WinglessTrunk1.jpg

BeforeTrunk1.jpg

StrippedTrunk1.jpg

SandedTrunk1.jpg

That was all I did that summer.

After last winter (2005/06), I started buying parts, this is where it started to go downhill. I bought an RB25 turbo to start my KA-T build and of course it was damaged during shipping (or so the seller says) so I had no use for it. Then I bought Kei Office coilovers from Japan, after 6 months the rears blew out (hurray), I bought some rims which the guy who lives in Toronto told me were 16x8, but they were 16x7 and the pictures of the tires he sent me were very old because the tires had no tread left when I got the rims. (Never send your dad to pick something up. lol) It all worked out great for a while though. I thought the car looked pretty good and it was a total blast to drive when the coils were good. I also got 225/50ZR16 Hankook Ventus RS-2 Z212 tires at all 4 corners, these things are amazing, I love them!!!!

Rims1.jpg

DSCN3353.jpg

DSCN3348.jpg

DSCN3345.jpg

DSCN3331.jpg

This is what a coilovers look like (blown vs not blown).
DSCN3363.jpg

Sucks cause the front were still in great shape.
DSCN3357.jpg

Last edited:
Now I gotta get the hatch done professionally and the frame welded cause both my rails are done. Anyone know a place that can do this PM me!!!

So now I'm back on stock suspension, I got a bunch of new parts which saldly I didn't take any pictures of when I was installing them:
-Brand new front control arms with Whiteline poly bushing and new balljoint
-Brand new inner/outer tie rods
-Energy Suspension 3-piece poly bushing in TC arm.
All 3 things bought from www.PDM-Racing.com They are awesome guys.

I started buying parts again, both for handling and KA-T.

Blitz LM filter.
DSCN3313.jpg

DSCN3307.jpg

Z32 MAFS
DSCN3316.jpg

DSCN3311.jpg

550cc injectors
DSCN3318.jpg

Secret rims....Offset nazis such as myself will loooooove these I'm sure. Only thing I'm giving away is that I'll be keeping the same tires.....

Sadly, I don't have any install pics, but everything mechanical up to now was done by myself. I'll get install pics once I start installing all the crap I got on my bedroom floor. lol I'm also ganna strip the interior and take out the sound deadening this winter so I'll have pics of that.

Last edited:
Nice read cheech - too abd it aint leather interior like my friends. But, sweet ride man. I love the drifts these cars can pull.

**** a lé trop clean:O nice car :p

C'est ben sa que je pensais, pis il est encore vraiment clean, mais les puttain de frame rail de merde y me font shier lol

Nice. this is what I like to see. Balls out baby!

Well my progress will be much slower then urs lol, i only work part time so money is an issue and i gotta find a winter beater and im totally hooked on wanting a 4x4 so thatll cost me alot if i end up getting a truck lol

nice to see another KA-T build. :bigup:

turbo it :run:

Wont be turbo for a while, lack of funds....scratch that, SERIOUS lack of funds, but feel free to donate!!:bigup:

Nice read cheech - too abd it aint leather interior like my friends. But, sweet ride man. I love the drifts these cars can pull.

leather is nice, but leather seats are waaaayyyy to slippery to drift in lol, unless u got a damn good harness, so im happy with cloth

Yeah, I bought it for 5k in Toronto last summer, I know you can get them cheaper, but honestly, I don't regret it, I love my car.

I got a couple of new parts:

30mm iron Z32 front brakes with pads and calipers:
Z32calipers.jpg

Z32 MC:
Z32MC.jpg

PDM Racing subframe collars:
PDMSpacers.jpg

Project Kics magnetic drain plug:
drainplug.jpg

Battery relocation box:
batterybox.jpg

Personal Sprint steering wheel (hardcore JDM shit right here, even though it's made in italy lol):
steeringwheel.jpg

sprint.jpg

hub.jpg

Ichiba front 5lug hubs:
Ichibahub.jpg

Ichibabox.jpg

Rear hubs from an R32 GTS-t (R32 GTS-t rear spindles are for sale!!!!) (no pic)

Walbro 255lph fuel pump: (that little black piece in the middle broke off during shipping, you gotta love our postal service, anyways it was insured sooo...:D )
fuelpump.jpg

Anyways that's it, oh and my super dupper secret rims are on their way, Takumi Project shipped those bad boys yesterday....should I leak what they are???? lol

trop nice...

vraiment nice !!! PLUS DE PHOTO !!! continue ton beau travail !! encore une fois... ton char est trop sa coche !! :bigup:

takumi project ALWAYS has some sick wheels. TRU JDM y0!!!
come on... quit teasing... we want PICS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back