350Z Brembo FRONT caliper S13/S14 conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1champ

Found on Zilvia.net, this is from the person who did the install.

FinalDrive said:
This is for everyone who has PM'd me about my brakes. No custom brackets are needed!
Step 1:
Get 350z or G35 track edition brembo calipers and rotors. You also need z32 conversion brake lines, brake fluid, etc.

Step 2:
Remove wheel, caliper, rotor, and brake dust shield. Don't disconnect the brake lines yet or you will have to bleed the entire system.

img1725og5.jpg

img1729bl3.jpg

Step 3:
Drill out the caliper mounting holes on the spindle. You will need a 9/16" drill bit. This is because the brembo calipers use 14mm mounting bolts vs the stock 12mm. If you have ABS, cover the ABS sensor with something. It is magnetic and the metal shavings will cover it.

Mounting hole half way drilled out to show the difference:
img1728pt2.jpg

Step 4:
The 350z caliper mounting bolts need to be modified. Basically, the threads stop 1" from the bolt head because the 350z spindle is thicker than the s14's. This caused the bolt to run out of thread before the bolt head bottomed out to mount the caliper. I used a thread cutting die and added 1/2" of threads to the bolt to solve this. You can just get new bolts from a hardware store, just measure thread pitch and length. (Sorry, didn't get any pics of this)

Step 5:
Mount new rotor & caliper. Connect the z32 conversion brake lines to the caliper. Disconnect the old brake line from the chassis hard line and immediately connect the z32 conversion line using a flare nut wrench. Don't allow too much brake fluid loss. If your master cylinder gets emptied, you have to bleed all 4 brakes. Remove the two bleeders from the caliper and fill it with fluid (yes there are two on each of these calipers). Reinstall the bleeders and bleed, starting with the insider bleeder first. (Sorry, didn't get any pics of the brake line install either. I didn't want to get brake fluid/crap on my camera. It's all basic stuff, you've done it before.)

img1730xd8.jpg

Step 6:
Repeat for the other side. The end.

picture002yk2.jpg

img1727hu4.jpg

i told you that they fit d1champ.... i was gonna buy a set for my car the price was 2200$ used front and back...only problem is that the back are a no show....insted i whent with rotora for 3500$ just the front:yikes:

i told you that they fit d1champ.... i was gonna buy a set for my car the price was 2200$ used front and back...only problem is that the back are a no show....insted i whent with rotora for 3500$ just the front:yikes:

Sorry I doubted you man :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back