Open wastegate???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TW

Legacy Member
does anyone here know if it would be dangerous and/or bad for the turbos to run open wategates on an rb26dett??

ya i know what u mean.. thats what i want.. or how about any way to run LESS boost than stock?

i believe what it is he is asking,

is whether or not he would be able to drive a turbo car, running an open wastegate, im guessing to lower the power for say winter, or something like that.

i believe its possible to run open wastegate, but i dont know if there are any other problems associated with that.

What are you talking about? Doenst "open wastegate" refers to the fact that the exhaust gases passing thru the wastegate are not redirected into the exhaust? They dumped in a straight pipe instead.

What are you talking about? Doenst "open wastegate" refers to the fact that the exhaust gases passing thru the wastegate are not redirected into the exhaust? They dumped in a straight pipe instead.

yeah thats what i thought also
I dont get what hes asking
i think he thinks if u unplug the vaccum to the wastegate you get NO boost
quite the opposite :)

lol thats what i mean, i want to lower the power for the winter. so if that wouldnt work, what can i do?!?!

u cant
its impossible to run lower boost than stock unless u start chaging out wastegate actuators and thats too much trouble. How about controlling ur foot?

yeah thats what i thought also
I dont get what hes asking
i think he thinks if u unplug the vaccum to the wastegate you get NO boost
quite the opposite :)

no no no

hes thinking about rigging the wastegate actuator so that the wastegate is constantly allowing the exhaust gases to bypass the impellar

if you love your car and your turbos you'll keep the waste gate line in place! lol...

i think you are the one who is confused, the guy isnt dumb enough to remove his wastegate line, everyone knows that the turbos will spool continuessly and boost to their maximum = blown motor

i think you are the one who is confused, the guy isnt dumb enough to remove his wastegate line, everyone knows that the turbos will spool continuessly and boost to their maximum = blown motor

he asked about running open waste gate... there is no confusion!!

anyone want to enlighten me why i couldnt rig my wastegates to be continually open?? and by open i mean that the exhaust hases would bypass the impellar and not truely go through the turbo. this obviously wouldnt give me MORE boost. wouldnt it give me no boost? cause thats what makes sense. and i also dont get why this would pose a problem.. it basically just cancels out the turbos. i know it would be slow as piss, but other than that??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back