Spikey, Skyline and Munchy

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

civicguy6969

Hi guys. I noticed you guys post quite a bit. I was wondering if you could concentrate some of the non-informational posts in the off-topic section. I usually come on here for tech info and if I have time, I'll glance at off-topic for fun.

I must stress that I'm not trying to be mean. I think it's great younger people are into the scene but for the quality of the board think best if the fun stuff stays off topic. Mabye I'm wrong but it's just a thought.

I agree, I once had a serious post up and some guys (no one in particular) were arguing about something totally different.

I'm in complete agreement here too. To much blah blah, not enough tech talk. I'ts a message board, not a chat room.

I understand what you saying civic guy , but i dont know why you saying this about sspikey , who probably knows 1000000 times more in cars then you , I admit i dont know much , but i do no somethings , but i dont think you've been here for long , so you havent checked out the topics a lot , if you've read with your eyes well you'd see that sspikey knows his @#%$ even though hes young , are age shouldnt even be an issue ! i admit i dont know much , but i still know my @#%$ , i understand what you saying , you know im not denying it , but let me tell you something also , this topic should be in the off topic section , instead of taking space and wasting other ppl's time in GENERAL ! next time write me an e-mail if you wanna say something to me !

no I don't think age has anything to do with it. and I'm not taking aim against anyone here. Heck, I've done it myself a few times. I simply find that too often most of the topics are just yo dude check this out. Not too helpful. It's all good we all love cars, but somtimes topics get way off-topic, people who don't know much always try to get their word in. ex: someone asks, what are the best springs to put on my car? someone answers? yo, company A are best, company B are s#it... ok, why is A best, and why is B s#it?? something you based it on? you simply read that somewhere and are regurgitating someone else's ideas? I find there's too many answers that are opinion based, and not necessarily experience based, which I find have less value.

If you can give out general info, that's all good, but if you can't get more in depth, than don't try.

Ok, enough of my ranting.. :)

I like to put "General" things in the "General" forum...
If I really feel something doesnt belong, I wont put it there...

Thank you and have a nice day!

by the way, i see this as a hang out and not a tech board! i dont have a car so i cant come to the meets or @#%$ like that so i see what's going on here and if i have a meaningless post here and there, well sue me!

why does it even matter if we're younger? you never know some 16 year old could come up here and own a fricking ferarri and @#%$ and know more than even TK knows about cars. what are you gonna do about that then?

DasoGTI , i understand what you're saying man , but i dont know what cam in your head cuz i dont right this company is better , that one is @#%$ , i dont right things like that, civic guy is new on the board he just trying to get respect using us as bait , simple !

Muchy2000: A 16 year old owning a ferrari and knowing more than TK? Well I think that's JUST the kind of comment that people are arguing about. You obviously don't realize the kind of knowledge a HIGHLY experienced engine builder like Tom has.

I'd have to agree with the others on this though. Sure it's not a tech board, but go visit honda-acura.net if you want to find out how boards turn to crap!

well it is possible... someone like tk but maybe the guys son or sumthing could know just as much or even more. owning ferarris i dont know about that but i just felt like saying that. lets replace ferarri with crazy fast integra or sumthing like that...

anything's possible

our next meet will be at IKEA so that the "youngins" can play in the ball room.

Guys just keep it short and sweet, it doesnt have anything to do with your age, just post for everyone not just your friends. dont get me wrong, ive seen some cool topics come from all you guys.

I'm with Teg92 on this one. When you've acutally started playing with mechanics and tuning up cars, you can see how complicated it actually is. I'm not saying I know alot, far from it... I just know a bit from the fiddling I've done on all my cars. I've done all the mecanics on my older cars, and I'm planning to do the same with my GTI. That's where I get my experience. With time, and by talking with others that know more, assisting people in jobs you've never done... that's where you get experience.

I find that too many rich people are modding their cars just to be cool. they then go around yo I've got this and that in my car. You then ask them why did you get that installed? They answer, yo it gave me 10hp more, but the persone doesn't know how or why. I find that lacks.

Flame if you want, but you'll notice I'm not mentioning anyone in this, just general comments. Not meant as a yeah I'm talking about you message. And if you feel concerened with my comments, that's not my problem it's yours.

i think sometimes it's cool to have topic beside mecanic hey this forum is not only about mecanic. GENERAL mean hey putt all the shiit on cars here...
ask Danny to put an exclusive MECANIC section...

mechanics are damm complicated
thats why i have a great time listening of what u guys have to say about it
ive learm alot from u guys these past months

yep me too... since i'm on this board i look less like an idiot in front of real "car guys" héhé. Now i know that i'll look like a rice boy if i put lights on my hood...
before i was only looking the SHOW side of the car but now i'm more on the Go side

he was not talking about your age,spikey,munchy,and skyline,he was talking about your non informative posts like"yo go on msn"or" yeah" or"lol,heheheheheheheheh"

we all do it from time to timr,but it seems that you 3 do it in every post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back