S13 spacer suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belvedere-411

Hey guys,

I got Enkei EVO 5 rims this summer for my 240 and they look nice but as you can see in the following pic, I need spacers. I need someone to tell me the ideal thickness for my car, where I could buy them and what would be the price range. The rims are 18"x7.5" offset of +45 and bolt pattern of 4x100/114.3.

Thanks

Here's what it looks like right now.
240SX1.jpg

5mm would be great ;) since your rims got a 45mm offset and you car42 5mm would be perfect in my opinion and taste

well the meshies on my car are 7.5 wide +10 offset... they are pretty much flush... so if u want yours flush u would need a pretty big spacer

91240sx010.jpg

Most people run a MUCH lower offset than anything in the 40s.

You need one of those "wheel adapter" type spacers that come in 1-1.25 inch thick - This will reduce your heinous 45 offset to 25mm (at 1") or even better at 1.25" = 13mm (Approx).

Usually run 60 bucks a pop

This will give you JDM flushness full kool tightness y0!

Like this but 4-lug:
wheeladapter_large.jpg

OR even better - sell these wheels to a honda guy and buy wheels with the RIGHT offset (8" with 32ish fronts, 9" with 35ish rear)

OR even better - sell these wheels to a honda guy and buy wheels with the RIGHT offset (8" with 32ish fronts, 9" with 35ish rear)

+1

Or get 25mm spacers all around, it's pretty much the biggest most brands make. But what's with the 7.5" width? What can you fit on there? 195mm? lol

Hehe, 7.5 inch wide isn't that bad. I think I can go with 245 mm tires at most which is enough for me. Changing rims would be cool but money's a big issue. If I get staggered rims, I'll get Volk Racing's which cost a lot. I'll go with the big spacers for now.

You don't need to spend alot for nice rims, how much did those run you? I'm sure you could find rims made for RWD cars for as much as those cost. And a 245 on a 7.5 will be buldging on the sides which makes the car handle like crap, straight sidewall is best for traction or slight stretch is the best for response.

After deep thinking I'll wait for more money to come in and get nice staggered rims. Thanks a lot guys. BTW, those rims cost me 1900$ installed with tires: 215/30 or 25(not sure) in front, 225/35 in back.

After deep thinking I'll wait for more money to come in and get nice staggered rims. Thanks a lot guys. BTW, those rims cost me 1900$ installed with tires: 215/30 or 25(not sure) in front, 225/35 in back.

Shoulda' gone with Rota D2...
d2wheel2.jpg

JDM Flushness y0!
8907IMAG0028-med.JPG

I priced them out for around the same (1900ish) with 225/245 rubbers when I was looking for rims.....

Forgot to mention something important. I needed 18" 4 lug rims. But next time I'm going for 5 lug for sure. I'll buy a big package: Staggered rims, 5 lug conversion and Z32 brakes.

For 2gs you easily could of gotten a nice pair of low offset rims like A-Tech 17x9 +27. They are like 200$each US, with tires that like 2gs CDN once you get them across the border.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back