TK's Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TKMOTION

Continuation of TK's tech corner!!!!!!!

Come on no more!!!!!!!

Tom, unless you explained it on another post, do you have any tech info on ideal exhaust temp for different applications, turbo,4cyl,6cyl,8cyl...etc....some of the boarders could find that interesting....and also the reference between temp and performance, lean vs rich..etc...:)

Now thats a question thanks Stephan!!!!

The ideal exhaust temp is different for every motor as much as 200 degrees F,,
but in general around 1250-1400 degrees F is the goal!

Now for max power you have to play with fire because max power is achieved by borderline melt down a fine line,,not recommended for street and road course
but a mission in drag racing!!!!

The best way to find out exhaust temps and rich lean is lots and lots of dyno time!!!!! money well spent even though it costs $60 an hour plus fuel or you could bring your own fuel!!!!

what it does is basically is makes a hi perf engine user friendly at low rpms
by lowering the lift of the cams so the car can be streetable even for us old guys!!!!!

Tom
another question for you please keep in mind I don't know very much about mechanics. I have a VR6 and ever since I had my new shrick cams installed my cpu keeps faulting out with the same code Evap. I had it checked out and theirs nothing wrong with the Evap.
I was told the CPU keeps faulting that code because theirs some overlapping with the new cams.
Just wondering if you could get rid of the overlapping ?
I hope this makes sense
thanks

Re: TK

pass by and we could test another chip if you want. who installed the cams? you shouldn't have any problems normaly!!...:(

Hey Tom where would be the best place to mount an Exaust Gauge Temperature probe (EGT) and how many should I use?
Also, is the temp range you gave is good for turbo's and Nos also?

Locations:

a) on all the exaust ports
b) on the collector
c) on the port wich runs the leanest (by checking the plugs)

I believe raymond did a "A" job! fastest thing to do is put in the VAG tool and then switch the chip for testing, tell me if you need that done.

we are located on 1501 boul des Laurentides in Laval, 300 ft from the 440, simply call tomorow and ask for me or Kim.

Thanks for the help Stephane

Leboost the best is all 4 and those temps are for all applications!!!!!!!
Remember its an average!!!!!!!!

Feel free anytime Stephane I can't know everything about EFI but very at home with the mecanical side!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!

Peace

Cool, to tell you the truth my knowledge of VR6 / cam/chips come from racing those in about 30 different setups, they don't all work the same for sure...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back