Ticket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MA_99Teg

So yesterday morning it happened again. It seems that i'm getting the dumbest tickets and i'm not even driving recklessly. I make full stops, and don't speed excessively (60-70).

I was on papineau, 2 lights before entering on the 19 to go to laval. It is a downward slope road and it was raining (enough to affect performance). I'm currently rebuilding my cylinder head on my integra so i borrowed my fathers van.

so i'm heading down papineau at about 55-60km/h. I reached a distance from the intersection where the light turned yellow. Immediately i pushed on the brakes as hard as i could and instantly i realized that the car would not be capable of stopping in time. So i quickly viewed my options and realized that the safest option for me and everyone around me is to let go of the brakes (which otherwise i would have stopped half way into the intersection) and cross the yellow light. Unfortunatly i held the brakes for too long as just as i crossed the white line, it turned red (therefore i went through a red). Cop comes, cherries go on and that's the end of that. my ticket says i was travelling 60 because when he accused me of speeding i told him i was only going 55-60.

so i tell him the situation and he asks me why i didn't lock my front tires, i told him that if i did, i would have skidded to the center of the intersection causing greater danger...than says that since i didnt' have winter tires on i wasn't prepared, and then i was speeding 10km/h more... to me it's all bull.

do u think i can win if i contest it? or do i not even bother.

sorry for the long message, just venting

Cause winters will help you stop in the RAIN?! They do the complete oposite, wow this guy was a tool. Sorry man...

^^ I was going to say the same thing.

Winters is actually WORSE in rain.

lol @ "why didn't you lock your tires" how did this cop get his liscense and even manage to BE a cop. Don't they teach you how to drive safely

Just go to court and say that when you entered the intersection, the light was just turning yellow. You were past the point of return and you don't know why the cop pulled you over. They have no proof against you, so you just have to give a reasonable excuse. Trust me, I've done it in the past, and it's fool-proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back