ATTN: DannyITR re:TK leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daso

Well as you probably read in the Tech 101 topic, Tom is thinking about leaving. I suggested having his own forum where he could moderate what goes on there. What do you think about that?

Personnaly I think it's a good idea, that way we won't lose one of the few people than can answer our questions in depth.

Re: ATTN: DannyITR

I think they he was asking those not affiliated with TK.

Re: later

That would be a good idea. Would greatly complement the rest of the board! You got a place for selling part and a section for every make of car. A TECH section would only be natural! :)

I would like to have Tom stay for sure.

I wouldn't mind having a tech forum but the thing is, I'd have to be fair. I'd have to make a forum where all the techs are moderators. I don't know if this would defeat the purpose or not. So basically we are back to square one.

I'm open to any suggestions so let's hear them.

I think he should stay. Who would I fight with if he left? :) Just kidding.
I kinda like it the way it is. You can answer a question in any forum.
Some people have "tech" questions that they may not want to post because the might not think it's "tech" enough to merit a post in that forum. Get it?

eh guys this is just too much...it's like life ....you like it you stay...people piss you off, you get the ¶uck out! (hell I might 2)...some people take it too seriously in the sence that they use this board trying to prove to others that they have knowledge...and by doing so, could irritate some that are taking their profession at heart and are please to give some time to the boarders...whatever...and the reverse could be also true...so go figure....its like a box of chocolate....;)

Well put Steph. MAny of us hear have are extremly knowledgable but like to have fun too. For several of us, we answer tech questions all day long, it's our job. Posting here and answering questions is fun, not a job. If someone asks a serious question he or she will get a serious answer. If someone jokes around, more of the same will follow.

As for Tom leaving: Do what you like. We do value your opinion, but please accept that, yes you know your stuff, but so do others. I am not saying that I, or we, no everything, but neither do you. What will make this board (and everything else really) work is when we play off of each other. We may have different opinions sometimes, but hey, we are not diffusing a nuclear bomb here. Obviously if I say that the best thing for a '92 5.0 Mustang is a graveyard, or plastic pistons, you can tell me (us) to go to hell. If, however, the subject is something that I am famiiar with, I would appreciate not being told that I am an idiot, or know-it-all and should be ignored.

I hope this post clears my thoughts and views up for everyone, and hopefully everyone will see the light and the end of the tunnel.

Matt at RMR Autosport

Re: admins on the tech board

it doesn't really matter who you put admin, as long as they do their job. The point is that the only reason they'll be admin is to moderate Mr. Know-it-all who's trying to teach TK about head porting and off-topic post! :D It doesn't prevent anyone else from answering questions.

Like i said, montrealracing as everything else, a place to buy and sell, a place for domestic, a place for imports and a place for polls. It's a big hangaround for car lovers in general. The only thing that lacks is a place for specific tech questions. They're kinda lost among all of this. how many times have you read "I come here for tech info but i have to get through the off-topic blabber"

trial and error! Just get the thing started and work out the bugs along the way ! :)

Hey come on now... TK (Tom) is not the only tech guy on the board.
We where doing fine when he wasn't here. So, that being said we'll do fine without him again.

Just my 3 cents...

I'd like for him to stay , and a tech section would be cool. !!

Yeah, I'm with Spectrum. He should stay here and help us. But I guess here he is limited to Montreal only, sorta. At least with his own, he'd be able to spread his knowledge all around the world. :)

I know Tom isn't the only guy, but I like the more the merrier thoery. All you guys have been doing an outstanding job here, and we really have no control over what people reply, you just got to take the good with the bad, and personally I like the jokes and stuff, so that's why a tech corner would be a smart thing to do, because then there is no excuse for off topic stuff in there.

I think we can all work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back