FS: HPA Turbo with R32 4Motion and 410bhp

Status
Not open for further replies.

R28

Bonjour Everyone!

I'm posting this for sale ad here as I know that some very lucky people in Quebec were able to import "salvage" R32's, and therefore the tuning community is well aware of the amazing factory VW R32.

As we all know, the limited 2004 VW R32 was officially not available in Canada, so this car (the HPA R28 Turbo) had to be built. HPA Motorsports in Vancouver made it even better than the original factory machine, …and then some!

This one of a kind custom European Car Magazine Project Car, and Winner: Best Performance Car at Calgary Sport Compact Night 2006 was hand crafted by world renowned HPA Motorsports in Vancouver using a brand new 2002.5 VW GTI VR6 24V. This vehicle was purchased brand new 293km) in late January 2004 and work began immediately at HPA.

Modifications include: HPA Motorsports R32 AWD conversion (4Motion) with HPP Haldex control, HPA FT410 (bhp) Single Turbo system with dual side mount intercoolers, KW V1/V3 Coil-overs, Porsche Brakes, Forged wheels, and many many more extras.

This vehicle is in excellent condition and performs at exotic levels of acceleration, speed, handling and braking. Also, it is completely Canada legal (as it was built with a Canadian donor car), all work is fully documented with 38,000 km on the clock.

For long distance Buyers, I will endeaver to provide for half of the round trip flight cost to come to Calgary for a viewing and test drive (one you will never forget!). Also, I will provide as much info as possible: records, more photos and possibly video, prior to such a trip for seroius buyers only.

For more information and complete details see:

The following spec sheet and visit http://www.europeancarweb.com/projectcars/ (Project “My R32 Blues”) and http://www.hpamotorsport.com .

Serious inquiries should call or e-mail me at (403) 807-0977 days, (403) 275-4176 evenings and weekends, or dougrhea@telusplanet.net

Project duplication cost: +C$85,000 (all supporting documentation available at viewing).

New Pricing: Asking C$55,000, offers welcome - must sell !

Reason for selling: I am ready to move on to my next European Car adventure and have just purchased a new car that will be a new project car with European Car Magazine in the very near future.

Please note that questions will not be answered on this thread, contact me directly.

Best regards,
Doug Neilson.
Consulting Exploration Geophysicist
Contributor European Car Magazine

Complete Specifications: HPA .:R28 Turbo
CHASSIS: 2002.5 VW GTI

ENGINE/Type: VR6 2.8L 24V POWER OUTPUT: 403 bhp/420 ft.lbs

INTERNAL MODIFICATIONS: Compression reducing spacer to 8.5:1, Race grade con rod bearings & ARP hardware.

EXTERNAL MODIFICATIONS: HPA FT410 Turbo System including: Garrett/HPG R30 ball bearing turbocharger, proprietary HPG short runner cast aluminum intake manifold, tuned cast exhaust manifold, dual side mount intercoolers, custom stainless steel boost piping, high flow fuel injectors, large diameter mass air flow (MAF) unit, auxiliary inline fuel pump, dual race cats, Blueflame stainless steel catback exhaust system with HPA ECU controlled exhaust by-pass @ 3100rpm.

ENGINE MANAGEMNT: HPA FT410 ECU program

DRIVETRAIN/MODIFICATIONS: HPA 4Motion Conversion with Euro R32 close ratio 6 speed transmission, HPA/Sachs Racing Clutch, HPA short shift kit, R32 Haldex driveline, Haldex HPP upgrade, fully integrated electronic stability program (ESP) with disable switch.

SUSPENSION & STEERING: 4Motion factory independent rear multi-link suspension set-up, R32 KW Suspension V1 coil over kit lowered 30 mm, KW/HPA V3 Adjustable Launch Shocks, KW Camber plates, Neuspeed 22 mm front sway bar, Neuspeed 22mm rear sway bar, Custom Performance Products stainless steel adjustable rear control arms, R32 Quick Ratio Steering Rack, precision alignment and corner balance.

BRAKES: ECS Tuning Porsche front Big Brake kit: Porsche Boxster 4-piston calipers with 13.1in drilled & slotted brake two piece rotors, slotted stock 10.1in R32 rotors with R32 rear calipers, Hawk HP+ performance pads and stainless steel braided flex lines.

WHEELS/TIRES: 18X8 Forged Neuspeed RS-10 with TOYO T1-R 225/45ZR18 tires.

INTERIOR: R32 steering wheel, Autometer Boost and Oil temp gauges, dual CG-Locks, Audi TT aluminum pedals & dead pedal, Euro 4Motion leather shift knob and boot, JOM aluminum door pins

EXTERIOR: VW R-Line front valance spoiler, custom cut rear valance with dual exhaust outlets, PIAA Extreme White 55W headlight bulbs, chopped and sealed OEM antenna.

CURB WEIGHT (full tank): 3205 lbs.

PERFORMANCE/TRACK RESULTS: 0-60 in 4.2s, ¼ mile in 12.8s @112mph

http://members.montrealracing.com/showphoto.php/photo/1585
http://members.montrealracing.com/showphoto.php/photo/1586
http://members.montrealracing.com/showphoto.php/photo/1584
http://members.montrealracing.com/showphoto.php/photo/1587
http://members.montrealracing.com/showphoto.php/photo/1588

Last edited:
My research has found that used stock R32's in Quebec go for C$38,000 to $40,000, this car has an additional +$25,000 in mods, not including the R32 4Motion install. It has superior performance in everyway. Asking $55,000 is not unreasonable.

I'm hoping some friendly MR reader will pass my info on the prospective buyer.

Thanks inadvance for your help, everyone.

Cheers!
Doug N.

Very finely tuned car however if you think you will get anywhere near 55$ for a vw, you are "dreaming in color".

You're in "used porsche" territory...no one is going to pay that much for a used golf with a vw badge up front even if there was 100 grand dumped into it. Straight line performance doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary anyways, it doesnt really stand out especially for a car of that price.

If you want to sell that thing, you will have to be realistic in your pricing.

Very finely tuned car however if you think you will get anywhere near 55$ for a vw, you are "dreaming in color".

You're in "used porsche" territory...no one is going to pay that much for a used golf with a vw badge up front even if there was 100 grand dumped into it. Straight line performance doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary anyways, it doesnt really stand out especially for a car of that price.

If you want to sell that thing, you will have to be realistic in your pricing.

I have to agree with you. I dont think anyone will pay 55k for a VW. Especially a 2003 Golf GTI that runs in the high 12s. Thats my two cents.

You are welcome to your opinion, unfortunately I can't take you for a ride to demonstrate it's complete performance prowess and superb drivability in all 4 seasons. Indeed, You are right about Porsche territory, but more precisely, it is "Porsche Turbo" territory.

Thanks
Doug N

I think we all get your point, but the fact is, it's a golf.

I'm sure it's a really nice car to drive.. it must handle amazingly and from the numbers provided, it's fast, too. But i couldnt justify paying 55k for a Golf.

that being said, good luck with your sale... and dont put too much hope on MR.com, unless you're selling a beat up civic with a b18 or something like that, you wont find anyone to buy your car, no matter how nice it is :p

My research has found that used stock R32's in Quebec go for C$38,000 to $40,000, this car has an additional +$25,000 in mods, not including the R32 4Motion install. It has superior performance in everyway. Asking $55,000 is not unreasonable.

I'm hoping some friendly MR reader will pass my info on the prospective buyer.

Thanks inadvance for your help, everyone.

Cheers!
Doug N.

Your car is a golf, not a R32, or R28 (wich doesnt exist)... its not a R at all.

You have the 337 bodykit, not even the R32 :eek:

You will never sell it at 55k, not even at 30k... maybe 25 if you are lucky. Don't even think to get your money back. Impossible.

The R32 turbo from VAG is not sold yet... and its 38k... wich is 17k lower and the car is a real R32 + much nicer.

Your car is well modified (mechanicaly). I'm really sorry to tell this to you like that, but that's the truth... stop dreaming.

But good luck anyway! *tu*

Obviously, you have never heard of HPA Motorsports as well as their excellent technical work and reputation.

I suggust you check them out at www.hpamotorsport.com , they are THE top VW/Audi tuner in North America.

This car is a one of kind custom, which is not meant to look like a factory R32, just completely out perform it.

Doug N.

Last edited:
that being said, good luck with your sale... and dont put too much hope on MR.com, unless you're selling a beat up civic with a b18 or something like that, you wont find anyone to buy your car, no matter how nice it is

I second the motion on that

HPA has its own car in GT4, with HKS, Amuse, Blitz right by its side. For the game conceptors to consider HPA in the family, the reputation is indeed well seen I find...

MR.com isnt even worthy of your presence, here on this forum.
I've heard of HPA, but have you heard of Steve at Advance EFI in Longueuil...or that VAG tunning...:bigup:
well known tunners here in the MTL area. Oh yessss....with reputation of car stolen right from there yards and frame ups where people get stuff stolen from there cars...
:yikes: (did I say that out loud ?)

I'm telling you, we're just not worthy....

But your research about the R32's at 35-40K isn't quite accurate. For a 20K you get a R32 GTRs with the RB26 engine and some good name bolt-ons all good for at least 340-400hp ...Import Grade 3.5 at least if not 4

On donne des gros *tu* *tu* pour des type-R de 400hp monté dans nos garage maison qu'on revend 20-25000 (ok p't'être j'exagère) mais cette voiture là c'est trop un autre niveau.

What's up everyone ass?

It's his car, he can sell it for 200K if he wants to, it's nobody else's business. Good luck with the sale Doug, from what I see this is one of those rare, no expense spared serious "drivers cars". Amateurs don't understand how much time, work, money and seriousness go into these cars. There is a buyer out there you just gotta find him or her... You may have better luck getting your price in the US market, everyone here in QC is looking for a bargain...

What's up everyone ass?

It's his car, he can sell it for 200K if he wants to, it's nobody else's business. Good luck with the sale Doug, from what I see this is one of those rare, no expense spared serious "drivers cars". Amateurs don't understand how much time, work, money and seriousness go into these cars. There is a buyer out there you just gotta find him or her... You may have better luck getting your price in the US market, everyone here in QC is looking for a bargain...

3 month later....:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back