Nissan Noob Seeks Recommended shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

chakujitsu

Aloha fellow members.

I have recently become the proud owner of a 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V and am looking for a bit of advice.

As this is my first Nissan ever [last i drove a nissan was my mother's datsun back in 1986 ;)] I'm looking for a shop to perform a full checkup on my new acquisition and recommend next steps for tuning. The Sentra will be a daily driver with occasional trips to st Eustache and NApierville hopefully.

Issues currently experienced are:
-a higher than expected and somewhat erratic idle speed (1100 or so rpm post ignition, will drop to the expected 700+-50 if its revved over 2000~2500rpm); The car has not stalled on it's own...yet ;)
-Strange ticking sound after the car's been driven HARD :) sound comes from engine bay after car being off and lasts for a few minutes (May be normal but my previous cars never did such a thing ;)
Any recommendations for a good garage in Montreal (no specific preference but I am located in Ville St Laurent) would be very much appreciated.

Thankeez
Chaku

About the ticking sound, it's normal, mine does the same. For the idle, same thing here, as it get warm, it will drop back to 700rpm. If you want a lot of information, you can come to www.npclub.com or www.myspecv.com both forum where you'll get info. And I almost forgot, get a header to get rid of that exhaust manifold oem that can only cause trouble.

Thanks D3stro!

Any recommendation for a header kit ? I've been looking at the AEBS which looks like it might gimme a few more usable horses. ?

Also still looking for a garage/shop that knows their S#!t about the specV in the montreal area so if anyone can share their hidden secrets I would appreciate it :)
(and yes, I would love a DIY solution but alas, living in an apartment building and winter coming makes it a tad difficult to start learning a new car's innards and tinkering ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back