Testing waters : "bolt-on" standalone

Status
Not open for further replies.

200sxBoY

I made some harness for CA18DET S13's ... i use the stock harness connectors to make a whole new engine harness to plug to the standalone unit . The harness fits right in the s13 harness withouth any splicing/wiring or work

Basicly you put a new harness/computer in the car and you gain access to programable ignition/fueling and ELECTRoNIC PROGRAMMABLE boost control. And many other function im working on also

Im curently carying some tests to see if everything is reliable on a simulator i made ... so far so good
So what im talking about is selling bolt-on standalone for S chassis car (maybe other chassis later on but for now it's for S chassis). Im going to establish a price soon but for now i can't come up to one because of things i haven't considered yet. I may need a core harness however, im working with a parts director from nissan to get access to new oem connectors but they are REALLY expensive . I'll make them for SR20/CA18/KA24 . We are talking about a turn-key setup, plug everything , double check everything and start the car (i will supply the computer with basic maps to get the car started and running but it WILL need to get tuned)

Any people would be interested ? What kind of price should i be looking at for a bolt-on standalone with those functions and a turn-key setup () ?

Yes , atm 200sxboy got my car in his garage to install this standalone + alot more stuff . no more MAF on my setup :)

I've heard that once you go MAP, you never go back....I'm interested if the price is right, but I'm cheap and poor...so.....lol

sounds cool!

For cost, you would have to consider ease-of-use, benefits and competetition.... right now, apex'i has their d-jetro/power fc unit - same concept and it comes with a handheld programmer (on the fly) - costs roughly $1400 ca shipped with sensors - MAP system.

Will yours use PC interface?

Mine use's a map
lot's of cool function, overboost cut .. say you wanna boost 10psi, you set the overboost to 13 psi so the computer cuts ignition on overboost!
You can also adjust boost control with a 5x5 table depending on throttle and rpm .
Im curently working on a system to provide the anti-lag like WRC car uses, when you release the throttle the computer will produce backfires in the exhaust to keep the turbo spooling real fast and produce constant full boost even on gear shift!
Water injection control, electric fan control, Vtec control?, shift lights, wideband o2 sensor, launch control (when you hold the clutch on a start it will cut off at say 5000rpm so you get the best launch !) are few functions that im working with right now !

i THINK i could be able to supply a BOLTON harness and computer with all sensors/connectors/actuators for about 1.000$
This includes electronic boost control/fuel control/ignition control/shift light
Way more that you would get with any other setups

1000$ woulnd include a base map to get the car started and ready to get fine tuned

tuning on boosted application varies too much from cars to cars and it's IMPOSSIBLE to provide a good tune only by guessing , intercooler , air intake bends , heads , turbo size, exhaust size, type of plugs, gap of plus, engine kilometers are all factors that makes it unpredictable to guess the timing/gas a engine needs

however you can make a base map to get the car running a bit retarded and rich so you are safe to get to the dyno and get it tuned for max power for something like 200$ :D

peux-tu m'expliquer pourquoi MAP est mieux que MAF svp ?

Un MAFS calcule le debit d'air qui rentre dans l'intake, le MAPS calcule la pression dans le manifold alors premierement le MAP est plus precis, il n'a pas de limite de puissance (ben pas de limite sur un char de rue lol), tu peux avoir une BOV atmospherique (sans probleme), et je suis sur qu'il y a d'autre chose mais jconnait pas assez sa.

Un MAFS calcule le debit d'air qui rentre dans l'intake, le MAPS calcule la pression dans le manifold alors premierement le MAP est plus precis, il n'a pas de limite de puissance (ben pas de limite sur un char de rue lol), tu peux avoir une BOV atmospherique (sans probleme), et je suis sur qu'il y a d'autre chose mais jconnait pas assez sa.

Un maf est plus preci qu'un map
un system speed density (map) calcule la densite de l'air en se basant sur la temperature et la pression , c'est juste plus simple a installer et moins couteux
si t'as un boost leak le map va voir la difference, le systeme avec un maf va rouler tellement lean qu'il va staller

est-ce que je t'ai sonné ?????????????????????

j'ai posé la question a Alpinelover
:scary:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back