97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tan1

Legacy Member
Je vais surement m acheter une 97 Mark VIII LSC avec le moteur de 4.6L 32V 290hp hehe comme daily driver, j aimerai connaitre vos opinions sur cette voiture - merci !

I m looking into buying a 97 Mark VIII LSC as a grocery-getter, would like to know your overall experience with that car. Thx ! :bigup:

I got you pm, tan - sorry I took so long to reply.

I had a gen 1 mark for 2 years - the 97 is the first year of the gen 2. The LSC model will have hid lights, which is great. Common trouble areas on that model: The blend door for the heater, which is a cheap part but a bitch to get at, and the door handles can sometimes break, although I never had problems with mine. In fact, I never had any major problems with my car, all I did was replace bushings and wear parts like the alternator and the air compressor (150 bucks). Don't let people scare you about the air suspension - it can be weird at times, but the parts are not expensive, and there is a very good aftermarket - American Air Suspension is a great company, ask for Eddie, the owner . He is willing to talk you through any problems you might have on the phone. A very very good site with people who will answer all your questions is http://www.lincolnsvscadillac.com

As for using it as a grocery getter - well, your mileage in the city will not be so good. Look for anywhere between 12 and 15 mpg. However, on the highway, you will see 30.

Personally, I loved the car, and wish I still had it, but shit happens. Good luck with your purchase - what colour is it?

(...)
Personally, I loved the car, and wish I still had it, but shit happens. Good luck with your purchase - what colour is it? (...)

Thanks a lot for the input.

Silver. For the Mark VIII, the most desirable color to me is Black or Pearl but the silver looks good still. It comes from an senior couple who always babied it at the Lincoln dealership.

Either it was the Lexus SC400 or the Mark VIII LSC. The 4.6L 32V IN-Tech (basically a Cobra Engine) 290hp convinced me quick enough :D. As for gas mileage, no biggie with me as I put less than 10 000 kms per year (my 2001 Stang has less than 9 500 km's on it lol). I would expect that a car with a price tag around 60 000$ brand new would have some kind of mechanical reliability and refinement, but then again I dont want to assume and sure am willing to listen to second opinions hehe

If you re still looking at the Mark VIII heheh:

http://www.trader.ca/search/Results...48&mknm=735&mdnm=MARK+VIII&subcategory=&CAT=1

http://www.hebdo.net/result/result....0&mph=false&rentalOnly=false&pricedOnly=false

There s a 98 LSC (although it has chrome all over, LSC's have uniform color matching so dunno if t s a real LSC) in Cowansville which is not tooo far from here... the dealership is willing to accept 6200-6300$ i believe and the car apparently belonged to some rich old guy with 8 cars lol - dunno the mechanical condition of the car.

hehe, thanks for the mark links - but I bought a 525 as a daily driver for now. good luck with your purchase, I am sure you will have fun with it. Such a unique car - you will be the only one on the road you see with one, 90 percent of the time.

I had no idea you sold your Mark VIII. And now you have a 525... Not a bad trade-up at all.

I had a very bad car accident and sold it for parts.

Very unfortunate. Hope that no one was hurt. If it is the case, the Mark VIII did its job to move people around safely... and most importantly to keep its passengers alive
if an accident is unavoidable.

the larger the car, the greater the latitude in safety.
(exception to the rule: The Smart)

Always loved the Mark VIII it's a badass car. Mustang Cobra got it's engine from it, I guess they don't call it the hotrod lincoln for nothing :D Wouldn't mind getting a 97-98 LSC as a daily either what are the current market values for these models ?

I personally like the Mark VIII's interior over the Town Car's. Designed much better. As for comfort they look pretty damn comfortable.

0ba7_3.jpg

1225_3.jpg

135b_3.jpg

0cb1_3.jpg

0c25_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back