FS: 1991 GTI 8V, Recaro int., red, needs work

Status
Not open for further replies.

altima8

Hi guys, I have a GTI that has been sitting in the driveway for about 2 years. I was going to restore it but really don't have time and it's just taking up space.
When I bought it I replaced the whole exhaust, the front bumper (still unpainted), installed a Fuba antenna and Chinese door handles and cleaned it up a bit...but it has been sitting now for a while so as you can imagine it needs work to get it going again. The brakes are probably nicely seized, the throttle sticks a bit, etc.

I don't remember how many KMs are on it but I imagine that whoever buys it will probably replace the engine and tranny anyway.

The Good:
Frame is straight
Body is very good for its age (no perforations!)
Seats are in decent shape *edited*

The Bad:
1st-2nd gear syncros are shot (big surprise)
Paint is faded
Front grille area is "bent" so hood does not totally close and grille is not seated right
Some surface rust
Most mechanical parts are probably seized
Windshield is brand new, but due to rust around it, it was sealed in

Just want this thing out of my sight, make me an offer.
Car is in St. Albert, ON (about 70mins from MTL) but I'm debating trying to get it running and unseized, putting a transfer sticker on it and driving it out to MTL.

Jeff

(Putting up pics ASAP)

Last edited:
post a price or a mod will lock you.

Recaro seats in deecent shapre are worthless.

But lets see pics enyway I could be interested in them if you want to trade+cash

X-Mas_ect_019.jpg

X-Mas_ect_021.jpg

X-Mas_ect_028.jpg

X-Mas_ect_020.jpg

X-Mas_ect_018.jpg

The paint has faded a bit more since these photos, and the bumper has since been replaced.

$750 OBO

Will take more pics if anyone is interested.

Is the car quebec plated??

Yes sir. Well it's not plated plated...but last time it had valid plates it was in Quebec. I guess to go back on the road it would have to pass inspection since it has not been plated in over a year, which it actually would I think without much trouble.
I made it pass inspection, drove it about 2000kms, and then parked it...so it can't need much tuning up to pass again.

I'm going to get some newer pics for you guys before I let anyone see the car...don't want anyone to be mislead. It doesn't look TOO much worse, but still. I'll get on that in the next week or so...

If you guys who are interested don't really care that the paint is more faded etc. then let me know and you are welcome to see the car.
Cheers

PMs answered, waiting for offers and will take the highest one by the end of the week...thanks to all who PMed. Get your offers in; there's still time!
Any questions, fire away.

check pms again im serious i call caa and the car goes take yoiur plate and thats it but i wont pay 750 for a car that needs inspection a new tranny, other work. If you want it gone pm me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back