Drop-off zone vs Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko

A friend of mine got a ticket for parking in a Drop-off zone when she was in fact in a Delivery zone (she forgot that the other side of the post is a Delivery zone 24 hours...her mistake.)

Anyway, I know that you can contest some tickets when there are errors on it but I don't know if this qualifies as one. I don't assume so since it isn't really a material mistake but does anyone think that she has a shot if she contests that there isn't even a Drop-off zone on that street so the ticket doesn't make any sense? Or is it not worth the risk and she should just pay the $42.

Thanks

Whats the difference between a drop off zone and a delivery zone?

There are signs for no stopping, no parking, no stopping unless delivery, no parking unless delivery... what does it qualify in? What deos the sign look like?

Thanks for the response.
I assume the difference between drop off zone and a delivery sone if that in a drop off zone you don't get out of the car and only let someone out where as a delivery zone you, the driver, get out of the car to bring something in.

Where she ended up parking would qualify as no parking unless delivery and the ticket says parked in a no parking unless drop-off (what is actually written is a P in a circle with the line through it and then 'Débarcage'. The real sign is a P in a circle with the line through it and then 'Livraision.'

Cleary she deserves some sort of ticket but if she could get out of it then she'd like to do so. Would saying, 'There isn't even a Drop-off zone on that street so the ticket doesn't make any sense' work? Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back