88 stang

Status
Not open for further replies.

need4speed

i have an 88 stang 4 cyl n rusted is it worth it having it brought to toronto n put a 5.0 insided it for free. only prob is i dont know if it will make it there i have 256000 clicks on it n just put 1500$ on the motor n have lot's more
should i get the body work done first then the motor

mustangs that are not rusted have problems with twisting you might want to consider doing the body and some chassis re-inforcements first , in the long run it may be cheaper to buy a used 5.0:sleep:

nappy's got a point don't waste your time.....it's fun to work on the car and build it but when you know it's not worth it don't .......if you second guess you never wanted to in the first place

Yo nappy,
do u have some pics of ur car, cause i was thinkin about buyin an old 5.0

Or maybe some nice sites????

Thanks

Andrew

17 on mustang

Not really , I have 28" by 9" by 15" mickey thompson slicks for the track , the 275 40 17 gsc I have right now are fun for cruzin I used to drive around on m/h cheaters (on my car in this picture) but I got tired of the ride and not being able to take corners , my car will not hook on the street anyways

buyin old 5.0

If you are serious about buyin an old 5.0 do you want to modify it or make it a show car then I can help you pick the right year

i am serious, i just need to seel my 2 cras i have now,

honestly i am not rich so i just want a stang for like 5000$ max
and i want to slowly mod it performance wise but keeping it for street(summer only though)

and for looks i want it to be clean

seriously I bought my stang for three hundred, I sold it for three grand but look in the Journal, I saw a few in there for arounf three grand

oh yeah I had a 90 lx

Sounds good, but i dont know too much about stangs, about the different models and stuff, any idea where i can get some info on the models???

thanks

The best model for you I find is one from 1987 to 1993. It's essentially the same car except for monor changes. In 1989, the 5.0's got mass air to replace speed density, 1990 they got air bags and also black interiors were introduced. 1991 came the Pony wheels, and they enlargened the front fenders to accomodate them. 1992 the LX's got body color side mouldings and in 1993, they changed the head unit.

Four cylinders have the same changes, except engine wise. In 1991, the were upgraded to mass air, and with a different head, they made 110 horsepower. In 1991, the 2.3's got the 10 hole wheels that were the LX 5.0's standard stuff from 1987-1990.

I used to have a blue 1988 LX coupe, but it was a 2.3. I had a Ford Motorsport banner on the windshield.:D

Later

Last edited:
I've read that the enlarged front fenders isnt true .I have a 1990 with the ponys and have no problems .I know the fenders were never changed as i bought the car new in 1990 .I also remember reading the that the 1993s had different pistons and were not as strong if you want to add NOS or a supercharger .it might be the 1991 and 1992 also but i know mine :) 1990 had one of the more powerful engines 225 hp (stock) .btw i think the 1993 cobra is the best model .but i am guessing the good ones are all locked up in some museum :bigup:

WOW! That's one clean Stang there bro. Man, I wish I could go back in 1992 and buy myself a fresh LX coupe. Ya, it's the 1993's that have the hypereuetic (correct spelling?) pistons, only good for a small shot of NOS or a blower.

fenders & pistons

The mustang gt front fender scoops just of the spoiler were made larger for the pony rims not the fenders so the lx models stay the same. you want the 87 to 92 motors to get the forged pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back