94 Altima slow heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

logik23

Legacy Member
In my 94 Altima, it seems to take forever for the engine to warm up, if I start it outside and let it idle for like 20 minutes, the needle is still all the way in "cold" and there's no heat coming from the vents. And it takes like 10 minutes of driving for the thing to warm up, I'm half way to Chateauguay before it's warm in the car.

In the summer it's great cause I can be in traffic when it's 30 degreees with the AC on and it'll never overheat, but it sucks for the winter. Anyone have any ideas? I thought thermostat, but my dad said he changed it twice over the last 3 years and it didn't change anything. (I bought the car off of him 2 months ago)

Thx.

ya kinda same thing here, the skyline takes a while to heat up, i can leave it on 30 mins on idle b4 i get in and nothing happens, then once i drive like 10 mins its slowly start to heat up.

i think its just, how it is, nothing to be done, can't think of anything! i have a brand new thermostat too

a problem like that can only be solved by a thermostat . if i doesn't change anything either the car was modified to allow coolant to go to the radiator or you installed a bad thermostat

i can hardly beleive a car idling for 20 minute doesn't even move the coolant needle and doesn't get any heat out of the blower

Well I'll try a new thermostat, there's a leak around the housing, so I gotta open it up anyways.

Well I'll try a new thermostat, there's a leak around the housing, so I gotta open it up anyways.

oh i forgot, if you don't have any coolant the temperature needle wont go up and there wont be any hot air neither... but you would also have some blown engine problem .. lol

a thermostat will do the job, get a OEM one

Could be an uneven mix - had the same issue in my Nissan Micra due to too much coolant vs water. You cant get a really inexpensive tester at CDN Tire.

Peut-etre que vous avez de lair dans votre system de refroidissement. Saigner votre system...ca peut peut-etre vous aider...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back