S13 Wheel/Tire fitment question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belvedere-411

Hi,

Last summer I bought a set of Enkei wheels for my S13 which were sized 18"x7.5" +45mm. Ends up I made a mistake because the offset is not made for my car. Now I'm changing my rims and I wanna make sure I get it right so I need your help.

For my new wheels I'd probably go staggered. I was thinking going for 18"x9.5" +12 in the rear and I'm just wondering if 18"x8.5" +30(lowest offset possible) in the front will do. Will a +30 offset still look nice or not? It would be better for me to go 18"x8.5" since the width of my front tires are 215's and stretching them on 9.5" width rims would be risky.

Anyways, I just need to know if the front rims will still look nice or not with the 18"x8.5"+30 setup and if I'm going to need wide body fenders in the back for the 18"x9.5" +12.

Thanks

For the back, you'll need one hell of a pull if you don't go widebody. For the front, the +30 will likely hit the coilovers. Go with something like +15. Might wanna think about a little wide tire when you go to replace them tho... ;)

BTW, good choice on going wide!!! :bigup:

9.5 +12 won't fit in stock rear you'll need a serious pull and some 225 go with +30 ish so you won't need -4 degre camber . 10 inches +30 fits greath witch -1 degre camber

in the front 8.5 +30 is gay ...go with +15ish (8.5) or it'll be pretty flush witch some 215 and maybe -1.5/-2 degre of camber

Thanks for the replies guys. My rear tires are 225, so I'm not worried about fitting them on the back wheels. As for the rims themselves, I found out they make em in +20 offset for both 18x8.5" and 18x9.5". Would that be still too wide for the rear?? And how will the front look?

P.S. Logik23 don't worry I'm getting way bigger tires on my next set. Something like 255 in the back and 235 in front :D. But that's not until summer 2008...

+20 in front might rub the coils on an 8.5, but it'll look baller in back and you won't need that big of a pull. (But if you don't pull, the rims suck :D )

What do you mean by pull?? And +20 is the lowest offset possible with those rims on 18x8.5. Keep in mind that this is a daily driver so is this setup friendly or will I have bad tire rubbing and wear? Good looks are good but there's a limit to it.

Last edited:
Alright, the more I learn about wheel fitment, the more I wonder if I should go for it or not. Is it more trouble than it seems to fit those? 'Cause right now it seems like I'll be having troubles. And do you know anyone good shop in montreal that roll fenders?? Will I have problems using my car as a summer daily driver and will I hate myself each time I take a small bump? In other words will I have to be extra cautious or it shouldn't be too bad?

Oh and one last thing, since you guys say +20 offset still ain't good enough for the front rims, will 5mm spacers do the trick??

Thanks

Yeah, the spacers will do the trick. You won't hate urself going over every bump, my coils last summer were 9/7 spring rate and set at the hardest level and they werent that bad, my tires were much thicker then urs (225/50R16) but it shouldnt be so bad.

You don't need to be a pro to roll fenders and u dont need a fancy machine, wat you need is a wooden baseball bat and a heat gun. I'm going to roll my fenders myself this summer, I just need someone to hold the heat gun.

Go with the low offset, ur car will look killer. Yoyu'll have to be cautious, but only cause ull have thin tires, not because of the offset.

You don't need to be a pro to roll fenders and u dont need a fancy machine, wat you need is a wooden baseball bat and a heat gun. I'm going to roll my fenders myself this summer, I just need someone to hold the heat gun.

ouin c ca...un bat de baseball....sacrament logik...t'as pas appris avec ta valise??

si tu veux le faire...fait le bien pis fait le juste une fois... ya un gars dans la section BMW qui loue son roller...ca coute p-e plus cher que ta technique ghetto de bat de baseball mais au moins tes ailes vont etre encore droite
pis t'auras pas besoin de mettre 7-800 pour une job d'ailes arrieres.

pour un s13.... 9po +25 en avant c'est quand meme flush ( des touge entk) et pis ya rien qui rub...pis avec un spacer de 5 mm ca clear des caliper de z32 30mm

en arriere ben la...met la meme chose c un peu moins flush...mais bon...on est pas tous des offset queen comme logik

en arrie

Pourquoi y faut que tu m'insulte? Cest quoi ton osti de probleme?

Pis l'histoire de bat, ya plein de monde qui on fait des maudite bonne job avec sa pis des pull de genre 3". Shu sur que si je prend mon temps jpeux faire une job pas trop pire. Ma valise allait vraiment bien, mais jmai depecher ak la peinture parce que l'ete etait arriver pis jvoulais sortir le char.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back