How big is big ENOUGHT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NOsbimmer

As remark came up to me a couple days ago. How big on wheels is big enought? Some people say at a certain point it becomes rice? What do you think.

I think the bigger and lower the better, but ...

i think 17 is big enough for me, but i wont even go that high. im gonna get 16's or just get the 15 SiR rims but anything over 17's is too big for me.

I think that "rice" would be 14" aftermarket rims! Not big rims! Most people say that 2 sizes over stock is ideal! But if it fits...and you got the cash go for as big as you could squeeze under your fenders! But I hope you don't like comfort!
To me it's worth the sacrifice, except in a sports car! If you want speed and performance....2 sizes over stock! Max!

How abouthits on 26....

jeep26.jpg

I saw that truck while I was in Vegas at the SEMA show! Crazy big. Lots of 24" wheels!

That's crazy!! how much do you think a mag would be?

a set is probably worth more than my entire car !!

It bothers me that anyone would call bigger than 17 inch rims rice. That means they don't know what rice is. There are 3 kinds of show cars. JDM style, California Style and Euro style. If you don't like a certain style, then that doens't mean it's rice. Chrisa0 said he simply didn't want big rims. I wish people would say this all the time. The hardliner-anti rice guys call anything that doesn't appeal to them rice.

In the california style, big wings, and huge chrome mags are in. In JDM style smaller lightweight rims, no big body kits, carbon hoods, no stickers etc are in. In Euro style, it's small rims with spacers.

Rice mean a STUPID modification like powered by Acura stickers, black painted hoods, washer LEDs, etc. I could easily call some guy with black painted stock mags and black painted lip rice. Some of the hardliner anti-rice guys have their definition mixed up (I'm not refering to anybody in this post by the way).

I think all the cars here are gorgeous and I would build one of each if I could.

California Style:

dnaccordorg3.JPG

dncivcool.JPG

dndelsollex3.JPG

JDM style cars are like these:

Bad%202%20Bones.jpg

spooncivics1.jpg

spooncivic2.jpg

Some Euro style:

View

fried2001

g3_98.jpg

g3_154.jpg

see2001-206b.jpg

028.jpg

just making sure. ya i dont care if people want to put bigger than 17's i dont ever call anyones car "rice" because hell it aint my car and they can do what ever they want to it. i just focus on my car and how i want it to look

well actually anything under 14 is not rice. what do drag racers use? 13" wheels if you dont know they just get 13x7.5. as for street use i would not go over 17 but wouldnt go under 15. but then again i dont care about looks im a weight freak!

if you are really concered with performance you should not car about any "style"...if you are going a very high speed on a regular bassis, it is stupid to not have 17"18" or even 19"..but if you are doing regular drag racing you shold have an extra set of small rims in the fron, if you autocross and like a bit of everything you should get 14"15"16....that all,

Re: ...

tires are never enough and are never rice , it depends ofr what you're gonna use them on ! if you have a suv you go bigger , if you're a racer you take avergae ( around 16 ) ! you know , you cant say this and that is irce if everyone has deferent opinions ! the size depends on what you wanna be and what you wanna do !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back