a question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITRGrl

hi everybody!

i'm new here, and i have a question for you!

i might be about to buy a type r. however, i haven't seen it yet, but i'm looking at putting a deposit on it so that the guy will hold it for me until late next week when i will be in the montreal area to see it. you know how everybody wants one, they sell so fast!

do you think this is unreasonable practice? i ran the VIN and it's clean, and the purchase is pending a mechanic's inspection. some friends have told me it's too good to be true, and they will run off with my money, but these people seem very nice, very legit, and google says so too! ( i looked them and their business up.. )

so i thought i'd see what you think! to deposit, or not to deposit, before seeing the car... yes or no? and if all goes well, i'll be sending a certified check via purolator tomorrow. hopefully it's ok.

ciao ciao and thanks in advance!

:D

Never give a deposit to a stranger when you haven't even seen the car. He probably not even have an ITR for sale...The best thing to do is to come to mtl asap and then leave a deposti after seeing the car. If you need any help let me know!

I will have him fax over proof of ownership and license before I send anything...

If I don't put the deposit down, it's gone! And I've had that happen too many times to me already. :( Gotta show them I'm fer real and not just some punk kid just dreaming and pulling his leg. ^_^

a deposit is a deposit...legally 1$ can be your deposit...
i put 100$ deposit when i got my car but it was only a civic

I agree with jebus, if you're afraid that this type R will be sold before you get here for sure put a deposit, but how much is a gamble solely for you. Make a deposit offer, if they don't accept it find out how much is the minimum, if it's like a 1000$ deposit, i wouldn't do it. Good luck, try to get here ASAP.

Just be carefull cuz I have a friend who gave some guy ca$h for a Golf mk2 and the kid still doesn't have the car or his money back... dont trust anyone without some sort of receipt or somthing ya know... :bigup:

maybe a post-dated cheque? :dunno:

the best thing is to come to montreal see the car and give him the deposit yourself! be sure to make him sign a paper were it says that he received the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back