VG30DE or VG30DET engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karim E36

Legacy Member
I am looking for a NISSAN VG30DE or (preferably) VG30DET engine.

Has anyone done a swap and have one of these sitting in the garage? or know where I can find a good cheap one?

I wanna put one in a vintage body shell to make a road racer.

Karim.

ive seen them put into 89-94 240SX.
one thing though the hood had to have a bulge to fit the engine and other little things to fix up.
what car you looking to put it into?

Originally posted by sspikey
ive seen them put into 89-94 240SX.
one thing though the hood had to have a bulge to fit the engine and other little things to fix up.
what car you looking to put it into?
the way he phrased it ("vintage shell"), seems as though he's looking to put in a old Z.... like a 280 or something...

Actually I wanna put it in a 1971 Datsun 510. Here's a picture of a nice one just for the pleasure of your eyes. :eek:

Karim.

why not go with some american V8 power. i know those will fit inside. good luck finding one of these cars though.

I've heard of the V8 conversions but they are not as "elegant" as a more refined and sophisticated engine. And it'll also put me in some difficult categories if I wanna go racing or autoX.

As per how hard the 510's are to find, I have spotted one and hope I can get it soon.

Do you know if anyone else on the forum has one? I think I've never seen one in Montreal.

Karim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back