Just got a new bike!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpreadTheGroove

Sorry this aint a motorcycle! but still made my day. yeah i got a new raod bike to keep me in shape. Trek madone 6.5. not the average joe bike, its worth more the some users cars.

madonessl65_black.jpg

for more info

for those who are into bikes, i will be using look keo sprint pedals, a vdo c4 cyclocomputer with wireless cadance, 2 white bontrager race lite bottle holders and im changing the tubes for michelin latex tubes.

exept for some parts of gouin and lakeshore i havent got any major probleme with wehre i ride. i also try to pic times and areas with low traffic. so far vaudreuil to valleyfield or st-zotique was one of my fun rides (low traffic and the pavement is pretty nice). i couldnt tell you what streets i took thought i wasnt paying much attention to that.

5900$ :eek1:

but note that the frame and fork is using the highest quality carbon fiber trek uses, same goes for seat post handlebars and stem. its all equiped in shimano dura ace witch is shimano's top quality part groupo for racing bikes. sounds like alot for a bike. but like i said this aint the average bike.

but note that the frame and fork is using the highest quality carbon fiber trek uses, same goes for seat post handlebars and stem. its all equiped in shimano dura ace witch is shimano's top quality part groupo for racing bikes. sounds like alot for a bike. but like i said this aint the average bike.

aren't you worried about theft? Are there insurances for bikes? I hope you have helluva good lock.

Ahhh I love cycling. Too bad I don't have a road bike yet, I could be your riding buddy. During summer, I go out every day after work.

Here's my ride:

Scalpel3000.jpg

You might want to check with your insurance company. Most of them will only cover bicycle up to 2,500$ in value.

CONGRATS MAN!!! You gonna love that bike (rode 1 for a few weeks)!

I have a Trek 5900 on steroids (from paint to parts. HAve it down to 17Lbs for a 58cm Frame). Been riding for 8 years and even went to Europe for a while. Had to cut back last year due to some knee issues and work overload but looking forward to putting in the miles starting in the following weeks.

Let me know if you need someone to ride with.

I remebered the time i went to see my ex in Beloeil and came back with my bike! lol..

Beloeil to St-Jean on a single speed Trek bruiser with dj3's and bontrager racelite wheelset..

Gosh was it fun even if i had only one gear *tu*

It's quite a challenge being on a bike and challenging urself to get to a place that takes 40 minutes in a car.

A great adventure.

Yummy

I wish u a great adventure for each time that bike won't let u down 4 sure héhé..5000 bucks of quality.

Nice Bike!

I really love the madone

It's surprising the amount of bikers on mr!

I'm getting either a Devinci Cx3 or a Rocky Mountain SoloCr in the next weeks...

We should organize a mr group ride sometime this summer!

Man I wish I could afford a road bike. Thinking of selling my DH bike and getting one since I barely have the time to hit the mountains anymore.

what kind of bike do you suggest riding just around the city streets of montreal? Just a way of transportation so comfort > speed

$5900 for a bike! That is one hell of an investment man, I hope you get some good KMs out of it. It must be a sweet feeling to have a fine piece of equipment like that, congrats *tu*

hey guys i started cycling last summer as a workout, honestly, are road bikes that much better? i have a mountain bike with shocks, i wish i could ride a road bike to see, is it much smoother? easier? what's the main diff? thanks

laylow yes there is still a project comming. this bike comes from my biking budget so im still good with my car budget.

as for road bikes beeing smoother then mtb on the road. they arent that much smoother cause you dont have the big tires but they are ehll laot faster.

for group rides i say lets go! im suprised by the amount of riders here and i think we could have something interesting.

twon we can still be riding budies i also have a mountain bike:p i have a 2004 spec enduro sx that i built with an air shock and a bunch of goodies.

matt for riding in the city i would get something like a specialized sirrus or a trek in the fx series. they are what they call performance or fitness hybrids. like a racing bike with flat bars. perfect for the city

and as far as insurance its insured againt theif from m house. for the rest well it never goes out of my sight. i dont comute on this bike, execpt to go to work in the summer and it always commes inside with me so i dont have to worry about that too much.

i will be getting a fit kit and install all the new goodies on this bike tomorow. i cant wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back