Pros & Cons Of The R32 Gtr

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoweredbyHonda

Legacy Member
hey everyone, i like to think that here on MR there is substancial amount of ppl that actually DO KNOW what they r talkin about when it comes to tunning and automotive information in general, and those r the ppl i am reaching out to now... im currently lookin to buy a GTR, only problem is i never shyed away from honda, so i am not at all in a pos to make a educated decion about this vehicul, and thats why im turning to u guys! ide like to know all pros and cons about purchasing a skyline, regarding, drivability/durability/performance and reliability in every aspect of the car. this WILL be my daily driver so even gas milage i am concidering. i want power but like most ppl not all that rich, and dont want it in the garage every freakin week, i want to actually enjoy my ride. its either the GTR or at worst a 300ZX TT that i was looking at. as previously stated, i have been true to honda since the very bgeining, found that they r etremly tough cars and very relaible, but not fast enough, and extremely expensive, especially when u still see 91 CRX for 8K :dunno: or a b18c5 installed @ 6K:yikes: but after working at Audi/Porsche for 2 years and getting to drive cars that actually have torque and RWD/AWD i cant go back lol. i am willing to put about 12K +/-. so yeah i think that sums it up pretty well. so if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated, and i thank u for ur help in advance!:bigup:

For me .....if you just have +/- 12 000$ ....wait or buy a 300zx tt .....because for a great conditon GTR you have to pay minimum around 16 000$ and more .....less than that ....you will have to buy it from Japs in Mtl like Osaka and crap place like this .....and I can tell you that a lot of people have problem with their car after few weeks and month after buying car at these place !

I got a MINT GTR .....and I know few thing about it ! Its not the perfect daily driver car because if you like to go fast and abuse a little bit of it , it will cost to you a lot of money in gaz ( petro canada octane 94 $$$ ) ....It can do a easy 20 Liters per 100km .....and do 9-10 liters / 100km if you drive it very very easy !;)

A good GTR in good shape will be very fiable and very easy to mofifie to got a lot a power .... but stock it can do 0-100km under 5 second .....its not bad ;)

Good luck in your decision but I really insist on .....buy a 16 000$ and more GTR ...less than that ...it can be pain in the ass !!!!

From what I've read on www.GTRcanada.com, rb26dett's are really high maintenance engine.. And getting a cheap (12k) GTR is going to make it even worst. If I were you, I would wait until I have enough money to actually buy it and actually maintain it well.. until then, get a Mr2-T or something for 7-8k, theyre reliable, good looking and have more potential than you would think! TTs are usually more trouble than single turbos. my 2 cents.. Btw check out that gtr canada site, lots of valuable information! *tu*

well thank god for u guys lol...i was at nagano yesterday about to pick up one for 13k but i really dont want the headachs that coome with it...i guess ill just stick to honda lol or go with a 4g63t *tu*unless u guys can convince me that there are more pos. then neg. points to take in

well thank god for u guys lol...i was at nagano yesterday about to pick up one for 13k but i really dont want the headachs that coome with it...i guess ill just stick to honda lol or go with a 4g63t *tu*unless u guys can convince me that there are more pos. then neg. points to take in

Im telling ya, check the mk2 Mr2 s ! Reliable, MR and T-Top. The ct26 is a really small turbo but change that for a ct20b or a td06 and you can reach the 300 WHP. Of course you need to mod your fuel system, ignition, transmission, bolt ons... etc etc etc according to how much power you're looking for but it's still cheap for the power you get. The stock internals can support a lot of power from what I've heard, I recommend you check www.mr2oc.com for any infos. If you got around 12k right now, what you should do is find one for around 7k 8k from japan and spend the rest of the money on it, its gonna be faster than your stock GTR. I find this car to be one of the best price/reliability/power jdm car available to import. (and parts are easier to find..)

Btw check this site out too : http://www.atsracing.net/
They sell a full td06 kit with all the components you need to get your car up to 300whp

pay a visit to JMI (Japan Motor Import) *tu*

if a gtr isn't in your budget there's always the good ol' s13 or even z32 ;)

Hey man,

It's Francis, the black S13 guy from Julep. Like everyone said, under 15K, you probably won't get a very nice GTR. I suggest you go for an MR2 or an S13, they are a blast to drive and really reliable. A Z32 is nice too but it doesn't feel the same as driving lightweight coupe like an S13's or an MR2's. I know it 'cause my dad owns one and I've driven it a while. I'd get a Soarer over a Z32's, but that's just me. Finally, I HIGHLY suggest you stay away from a 4G63T, it's one of the worse engines in terms of reliability. Sure it can be crazy fast, but probably not for very long... Anyways, that's pretty much all I have to say. Hope it helped and I'll see you at Julep next summer. *tu*

thanx for all comments...i am really leaning twrds the MR2 they r just too sexy! and for sure ull see me there (well if i got a car worth bringing lol) and i know the 4g63t is known for the head gasket but christ they r fast lol and btw...probably a "noob" question but wtf is a Z32??? LOL u guys can slap me later

yeah well if im gonna go between the Z32 ;) LOL or the mr2...welll MR2 FTW! or SR20DET....i have always LOVED the old 180's but not the JDM front end...i hate them! dunno why i love the pop up lights! and the round a$$...."i like big butts and i can-not lie..." lol

If I were to pick between an S13(180SX) or an MR2, I'd probably take the S13 'cause the MR2 looks a little to flimsy to me. It doesn't look like it can make as much power as an SR20DET and I've heard there is not much space to work on the engine. But I say test drive both, there are no better ways to pick a car.

P.S. Please don't buy your car at Nagano's. Try contacting Justincredible instead...

i know i was about to buy the GTR they have at nagano with the bronze mags but i had just a bad feeling in my gut and backed away...he was asking 13 and there was rust holes on the rear 1/4 panel and wasnt nego on the price...body was in bad shape so i said fvck it (the one with the grey "Bride" seats...but wow u guys really turned me off the whole skyline idea LOL

import a S12 Silvia with a FJ20ET engine
after this you can brag about having a car that no one else owns in canada
and you have a detuned F1 engine under da hood Nigga!

import a S12 Silvia with a FJ20ET engine
after this you can brag about having a car that no one else owns in canada
and you have a detuned F1 engine under da hood Nigga!

lol what! im sooo lost...can someone help me out what is the FJ20ET engine...never heard of it...:dunno:

I would suggest S13 for parts availability and power potential and drivability and gas consumption in general is not as bad as a 4WD inline 6 TT 2.6 liter. Although you got bragging rights with a Godzilla, a 24D can be loads of fun at half the expense.

yeah well if im gonna go between the Z32 ;) LOL or the mr2...welll MR2 FTW! or SR20DET....i have always LOVED the old 180's but not the JDM front end...i hate them! dunno why i love the pop up lights! and the round a$$...."i like big butts and i can-not lie..." lol

Not all JDM models came with projector front ends. Yes the silvia is a Japan only model but its not a 180sx. If you import a 180sx you will be importing a Japanese version of our 240sx fastback.

lol what! im sooo lost...can someone help me out what is the FJ20ET engine...never heard of it...:dunno:

from FJ20.com (you can check it out for all the info about the engine, its a masterpiece not many ppl know about, FJ >> SR but don'T tell neone)

The Nissan FJ20 engine series is highly revered in Japan among car entheusiasts and gained notoriety during the 1980's in Australian, New Zealand and throughout the world of motorsport with the Gibson Motorsport FJ20ET DR30 Skyline Group A Touring cars, Shekhar Metha's Famous East African Safari Rally record holding FJ20 PA10 Nissan Violet GT, the S12 FJ20E (Gazelle) Silvia,
.and the FJ24 BS110 Nissan 240RS Group B World Rally Cars.
The FJ20 was Nissans flagship performance production engine in the 1980's and was developed and born in the famous "OGIKUBO" factory in TOKYO. With technologically advanced features like the world's first sequential fuel injection, double overhead cams, 4 valves per cylinder, double chain valve driving and bullet proof internals, the FJ20 was Nissan's Golden Child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back