Cant find insurance for my Skyline HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

accordnation

I have i slight problem thats stoping me from reaching my first goal in life, to own a skyline. (joke, but this is bad...) SSQ assurance is ultra lame and wont recognise the 11 digit VIN numberon the car cuz here there al 17 digits... so they wont insure... something i find odd cuz theres lots of imported zillas out there, and im pertty sure there insured..... I wanna know which companies will cover my car, its only an 89 gts-t, so it shouldnt be too costly, theoreticaly.... any ways, this totally blows and i need help fast! seller is waiting on me to give him the cash, but i need to be sure i can insure it first!! aaaarrrggh....

Call Every insurance company you can find, pm the guys on MR Who are driving skylines. I dont think you should have much of a problem bro, good luck on your RWD Zilla.

AXA insurance from assurance LCB !!!

When you said RHD .....nobody want it ...it will be very very difficult praticaly impossible to insure RHD vehicule ...for a reasonable price !!!

Hi Guys

This should be a sticky for all JDM insurance!

OK we all know that the JDM cars do NOT have a standard 17 digit VIN number.

This is not a problem,the cars MUST be evaluated.

Dont ever assume the insurance companies know what they are doing,I have a 1966 Ford Galaxie ,this also does NOT have 17 digits,NOT a big problem,but its also not insured without an evaluation.

Deal with your broker,mention to them that you a buying a (fill in the blank) cost car that MUST be evaluated,and that what you are looking to get is a rate quote based on the purchase price for right now.

Most insurers will insure a (fill in the JDM) one way without any problem,if you need 2 way insurance then do the steps above,you will most likely get your one way insurance right away and until you get your evaluation done,thats all you will have,once that is done,then recontact your insurance and get the policy changed accordingly.

Will all insurer's go 2 way on a (fill in the JDM)?, probably not,as most everyone know's, insurers like to collect ,but not pay out. So you have to finesse your way in ,especially if you want a good rate,be professional in your methods and they will be impressed,if you go on the phone with a half baked story,and no real facts,well it very hard for them to go outside the guides they have on hand.

Dont forget,Ferrari's,Lambo's,Aston Martin,Rolls Royce,they all need insurance also,so getting insurance is not a problem,the approch we take with our insurer's is.

Thanks

Paulo

why thank you!

wow, thanks alot bro! I called a bunch of places yesterday and use some of your 'methods' and i think i landed a deal with Invessa Insurance, there in Laval, im waiting for some calls back, any way, i plan on getting it evaluated after the purchase, i went to see it the other day, and its too clean, so it will pass no prob... thanks for the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back