Shut up already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

98cavy22

Legacy Member
It's strange, I'm telling people I'm getting a bike soon and they always give me these looks as if I'm going to kill someone. Everybody's just saying stuff like "why are you doing that??" or "you're going to kill yourself" or "it's going to be so expensive". Even some of my friends think i'm stupid for getting a bike. I mean, yeah, I know it's dangerous if you're a dumbass on the road and i know it'll cost a fair bit to put on the road, but I mean geez, i don't think one person has supported me with it except the 2 ppl I know that actually have bikes, and, of course, the fine people of the Motorcycle section on the mr.com forums.

Anybody else get comments on their riding?

there is more accident with ski-doo than motorcycle each year, i never heard about someone saying its crazy to buy a ski-doo, everyone in my familly has one, same thing for me, they told me i was crazy and goiing to kill myself, but hey, im still alive!, Go ahead buy one but be careful, like anything else.

one life???

You have one life to live. Live it to the max, go ahead buy it you'll never regret it...

Live Free or Die...

Last edited:
yah, those people are totally jealous.... ****em, they're not yer friends... they just dont have what you wanna get and they wish they did...

Enjoy yourself, as Phil says... you have 1 life to live...

Don't pay attention...these ppl are either jealous, or
overprotective... and for those who say it's expensive,
well they can manage they're own finances...
So get the bike and enjoy it!

Re: one life???

Originally posted by philgood
You have one life to live. Live it to the max, go ahead buy it you'll never regret it...

Live Free or Die...

That's exactly what i think.

And riding bikes is the best thing i did.

BTW, I finally got my full 6A licence last Tuesday. At last the wait is over.

I have to agree I have a bike and love it....my wife took the courses and now she is hooked (wants her own) so I say go for it...as long as you don't drive like a dumbass you should be fine...
just watch out for all the people in cars...they have a funny way of not seeing you...;-)

Originally posted by rickym78
I have to agree I have a bike and love it....my wife took the courses and now she is hooked (wants her own) so I say go for it...as long as you don't drive like a dumbass you should be fine...
just watch out for all the people in cars...they have a funny way of not seeing you...;-)

Hehe, yeah, I'm a good driver. No accidents yet (3 years). That's what I'm really mostly worried about, the dumb-asses on the road, especially the 10 foot high SUVs

Maybe we (motorcyclist) are different from the rest of the population or the rest of the population get so much bullshit on bikes that they end up having a lot of predjudice on bikes. Look at the newspaper: Les bombes vont encores des morts, Speed bikes are killer etc... when if you look at the numbers: the number of death caused by a motorcycle crash has decreased, 80% of the motorcycle accidents are caused because someone in a car/truck cut them or didnt see them and in 90% of the 20% left case the mike could off avoided the accident. Bikes are unsafe? Sure you dont have a lot of passive security but you havbe way more active security than any car. And I think the medias sensationalize a lot the bikes accidents and causes us a bad name. Most of the bikers I know are pretty open minded so I guess once youve overlooked the prejudice you get to appreciate riding a bike. I've known a couple of guys/girls that where agaisnt motorcyclist but after a ride they totally changed there mind and some even bought bikes.

But hey, ride for yourself. And after all once your on your bike your forget all those comments and enjoy the moment. I couldnt live without riding anymore.

Just watch out for those cell talking minvan drivers....

Originally posted by VwAlex
Maybe we (motorcyclist) are different from the rest of the population or the rest of the population get so much bullshit on bikes that they end up having a lot of predjudice on bikes. Look at the newspaper: Les bombes vont encores des morts, Speed bikes are killer etc... when if you look at the numbers: the number of death caused by a motorcycle crash has decreased, 80% of the motorcycle accidents are caused because someone in a car/truck cut them or didnt see them and in 90% of the 20% left case the mike could off avoided the accident. Bikes are unsafe? Sure you dont have a lot of passive security but you havbe way more active security than any car. And I think the medias sensationalize a lot the bikes accidents and causes us a bad name. Most of the bikers I know are pretty open minded so I guess once youve overlooked the prejudice you get to appreciate riding a bike. I've known a couple of guys/girls that where agaisnt motorcyclist but after a ride they totally changed there mind and some even bought bikes.

But hey, ride for yourself. And after all once your on your bike your forget all those comments and enjoy the moment. I couldnt live without riding anymore.

Just watch out for those cell talking minvan drivers....

Amen to that man :bigup:

getting a bike ?
what the hell are you thinking ?? your going to kill yourself !!!

...just kidding, totally agree with VwAlex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back