Fender rolling problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belvedere-411

Ok, I just called Trac Racing depot to have them roll my fenders and they're telling me there's a 95% chance the paint will crack. I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to do it without much risk for the paint?

Thanks

You need to heat the fenders 2-3 heat guns until it's hot enough to burn your fingers, keep them there until ur done.

i pulled and rolled my fenders on my red 240 without heat.... just go slow....little by little....

but they are probably telling you itll crack just to save their ass incase it does crack and this way you cant get pissed at them cause they warned you.

If you have OEM paint it's more likely that it won't crack, But if your car is painted it's "almost" a sure thing that it will crack (only because of bondo and whatever..)So people do get away with it not cracking though. One place versus another will not determine if your paint cracks or not. But mr240sx is right they are probably telling you that to save their ass.

just out of curiosity how much are they charging? even if the paint cracks its not that big of a deal you can always get it sanded and repainted in this area if the paint is recent and you still have the color code... not a situation I'd wish anyhow...

75$/fender. I'll try doing it this weekend on my own, hopefully nothing will go wrong... My car is repainted but there's no bondo on the rear fenders so it should be alright right?

75$/fender. I'll try doing it this weekend on my own, hopefully nothing will go wrong... My car is repainted but there's no bondo on the rear fenders so it should be alright right?

I guess so if it is urethane paint not enamel btw where will you rent the fender rolling device?

Well Haig told me to just use a hammer/baseball bat. Now that I think of it, I'll probably go see Trac Racing lol.

Last edited:
honestly all i used was a hammer and a crow bar and lots of patience and then a nice 6 pack of corona to admire my job well done!

i remember someone on mr had a fender roller to rent out for cheap (i don't remember who but he may have been a dubber so start searching there)

a baseball ball and heat gun is fine if u don't really mind it not being perfect but iirc ur car was pretty clean so...

Hammer and a Baseball sounds like Haig lol, hes got big balls. I would be up for rolling my fenders regardless fo paint cracking if someone else would rent it with me. Anyone up for this weekend deal for $60 ???

Track Racing said 95% chance but from what yall are saying, if you take your time, heat it and are careful, using " Pascals tool ", No Not hit TOOL but his Fender Rooling tool it might not crack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back