CAR TV SHOWS IN CANADA : WHAT A WASTE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mx3jmcb

Legacy Member
Car shows here in canada truely suck!

Take for example Autostop:.....I know exactly were they do their road tests which happens to be on a really steep sloped parking lot, they do braking test, acceleration, G's ...and so on...this show is truely bad and with the host, it gets even worst! They're also paid to say good stuff about certain products....It makes me mad to see such valuable air-time go to waste with dum-ass hosts that dont know what they're talking about!

When you've seen an episode of the BBC's TOP GEAR with your's truely Mr.Tiff Needles ex grand-prix pilot....you cannot go back to those crappy shows like we have here like:

-autostop (#1 worst show!)
-Virage (#2 worst show)
-Jacques Duval's show(dont remember the name)
-motoring 2001 (not bad but no emphasis on road tests)
-driver's seat (never saw flags as a unit of measure before) also - BORING and low budget!
-motorweek (more like motor - weak)

Its sad to so many car shows go to waste!
I mean, i'm sure, we could make a show better than those, MUCH BETTER!....why not??? hehehe, what could we call it?

By the way, BBC's Top Gear RULZ!
(Tiff's movies : www.taner.net)

Re: CAR SHOWS IN CANADA : WHAT A WASTE!!!!!!

OOH MY GOD
TOP GEAR MAKES ME WET MY PANTS!!
Have u seen the one with the M5 in and abandoned airfield?everyone should download them they are great
Karim

Mx3 i totally agree with you ! i see these shows and i could sleep in just by watching them ( except i liked that show of Jacques Duval and the other guy ( i forgot his name ) it was called PRENEZ LE VOLANT , they tested the car on a track , or for suv's and jeeps on a dirt road , it was pretty good ( for a canadian car show ) i downloaded this show from europe called TOP GEAR i dont know if anywone ever saw that show , but im impressed , great car show its called TOP GEAR , i dont know on what channel it goes on but i know we dont have it here in canada ( unless you have satelite ) if you wanna download some episodes you could go on morpheus ( my suggestions : the ones with the skyline gtr34 or the one with the mclaren , its long but well wearth the wait !!!!! ) TOP GEAR demolishes the competition here in Canada thats for sure ! its a great show i just wish we had it on a cable channel !

I was watching a show on speedvision last night, I don't remember what it was called, but it was pretty bad. I am pretty sure that they accept big money from companies as bribes. I think it was car and driver or road and track TV show. N E way, they were doing the car of the year awards and they had 27 new or revised cars for 2002. There were cars like the RSX, WRX, GS 430, Passat, M3, M5, S4.... a bunch of american cars. You would not believe the car they chose as car of the year. I'm so upset i don't even think my fingers could type the name!!!! The NEW.... F..O..R..D TH..under B....ird. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT CRAP! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!

ewwwwwww i saw a thunderbird on the road last weekend , i saw it and turned my head without a second to spare lol ! its so not impressing to my eyes .

-theres another show i like , i really dont know the name though cuz i cant read the title cuz its like in german or in swiss or some thing like that , i cant understand what they say but on the show they have nice cars and nice tests its on channel 14 ( dont laugh ) saturdays at 11 or 11:30 i forgot ! its really good they had the gt3 last week !

speedvision is full of @#%$ they have everything but cars on ther they have toasters weights celphones energy drinks i wish they had a show on modified cars!!

guys we all are bitching about how shows suck? ok they are pretty bad but im sure like most things in life. its not as easy as it seems.and about the modifed car show. im not sure but i think its called beasts from the east.

lowrider

you should really be informed before making a stupid post like that, Speedvision has lots of shows on modified cars...some suck other are informative..of the top of my head here is list

-hot rod TV
-Dream car grage
-Motorvision(lots of tuner cars so it counts a modified)
-Import auto tour(sux ass, but only thing out there)
-My classic car

Re: ...

One fun car show was PRENEZ LE VOLANT with Jacques Duval and Michel Barette. Not really for the technical aspect, but for the hosts!

Michel is the only guy i know who managed to get stuck with a Hummer on a lonely bump. He almost totalled a Porches (or a Jaguar?) when he turned off the driving aid! :D

Boy did Jacques ever got a laugh during this show !

Top Gear is the best! You can download episodes on morpheus!

Plus the guy who tests the cars is so cool! ;)

They also always test sports cars and rally beat the s#it out of them!

the guy who tests the cars is a psycho lol , hes a former lemans driver i love him ! top gear is the best show ! did you see the one with the skyline ?? the G-meter ??

and yes barette is so funny , i saw that episode , 30 seconds in a hummer , and he manages to get stuck , then on the next show i think it was the x-terra or the pathfinder , he was all good , he practiced all week to be good on dirt :lol: he did it was funny ! i miss that show :(
but top gear fofilled my loss !

The best top gears i think....is the one with the mclaren f1, the m5 is cool, the tuscan is nice, and the one were he races vicky's Lancer Evo around the track with an Audi coupe!

Tiff Needles is one awesome pilot, also really funny!

"The pedal is floured and the smile gets wider and wider"
hehe, i think he said that driving the m3! :) ))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back