license

Status
Not open for further replies.

MildSeven

Legacy Member
Hi guys, I wanna start going for my license.

Where's a good place to go? I live in the west island, but the location of the school doesn't matter as long as it's not too far. I looking for a good price because I want to get the wheels in motion despite being broke.

If you could list the course prices and school names it would be appreciated.

thanks guys,
Ant

there's Teknic and Morty's that I know of.
Look in the www.yellowpages.ca or www.411.ca for their number.

You can pay a little bit now and start going to classes or studying in the computer.
I think you have to pay the total in 3 weeks after signing. Depends from place to place.

Or u could just buy a $14 book and go give your exam to get the first 6R licence.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to wait longer to get your lisence if you don't go to a driving school?

Originally posted by Shane54
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to wait longer to get your lisence if you don't go to a driving school?

I was thinking of getting my permit and then going to a school.

don't you need the courses?

I was told that you absolutely need the theory courses to do the test? they have to sign a discharge affirming that you did your 9 hours of theory... am I wrong?

Re: don't you need the courses?

Originally posted by beach
I was told that you absolutely need the theory courses to do the test? they have to sign a discharge affirming that you did your 9 hours of theory... am I wrong?

you are 100% right, you need to have 9 hours of theory.

oooh shit !!!!!!!!!

I didn't know this.
I never even did any hours of theory.
I just studied with the computer by myself.
and i got my full licence.

Originally posted by gadha
oooh shit !!!!!!!!!

I didn't know this.
I never even did any hours of theory.
I just studied with the computer by myself.
and i got my full licence.

you did it when??

yes that was right before the new law came into effect... I got screwed.. I started my theory right when the new law came in...

now I got my full 6a since Tuesday... but I had to take the theory and the practical or no exam...

mmmm, so, If I dont do my 9 hours theory b4 the date of the exam, I cant make it ?

the guy at the saaq never told me that, ill call back tommorow !

As far as I know you only have to be signed up with a school and have a contract as proof, then you can take the theory test, I had to show my contract when I did it last year, I only put a $50 deposit at the school to get the contract, then had to pay the balance when I did the practical...

at least when I went last year it was like that????

Theory class

Ok, just so everyone is on the same page here,
#1 you don't need to take the theory classes but make sure you read the book thoroughly.
#2 It is manadatory to take the practical classes which are the same price all around @ $495
#3 You must attend and pass the 18hrs. of practical before going for your track test (6A apprentice)(little tricky).
#4 You must then keep your 6A-A for 8mths before taking the road test (complete joke).
#5 While you have your 6A-A you are only permitted to ride with someone else who is on their one bike and has had their full license for min. 2yrs.
#6 VERY IMPORTANT !!!! Make sure that your helmet is approved in Canada. DOT Approved is not legal in Canada and if caught the SQ have the right to impound you bike as well as give you a hefty fine and 3 demerits. Look for something approved by SNELL or ask you dealer if it is approved in Canada. - REMEMBER A DEALER CAN SELL YOU ANYTHING, & YOU CAN BUY ANYTHING BUT USING IT MAY BE ILLEGAL.

For the classes, if you want one in english then go to MORTY'S. West Island MORTY'S, if it doesn't matter and you're in Montreal then anywhere else is just as good. All schools are the same, teach the same, and cost the same.

Happy Riding :bigup:

You need to go do 9 hours and 4 hours on the computer.

but I heard there's a few places where you can just $$ and no need to take the courses.

Well there may be a few that will try to make you take the theory but all they're going to teach you is about what part of the lane to drive in, how to change lanes, turns, and about the bike. Everything else is the same as a car so you really don't need to take the theory. The school will still charge you full price but the choice is yours. Schools will try to fool you into taking the theory because if you fail the comp. test then you have to wait 1 mth. before taking it again. Which wastes your time and theres.

Anyways the choice is yours...... Good Luck! ;)

By the way, the computer test is easy, if you fail such an exam, you should'nt have the right to live, common it's so freakin easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back