t25 fmic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoYaL FLuSH

T25 fmic questions

Wut's up my knee grows, I'm about to upgrade to a fmic and with the sil80 being my 1st boosted car i need some input on proper core, inlet/outlet, and piping size. I'm running the stock t25 and plan to for a lil while. most fmic/kits i see have a 3" inlet/outlet and from wut i gather piping that large would create a pressure drop causing lag. would 2.5" be optimal sizing for the t25? Wut fmic kits do most of u t25 owners use? any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks my homies... word.

my inlet outlet is 2.5", i dont kno the size of the core but i begin spooling around 2200rpm, i know my intercooler is bigger then the one i had before and i can feel the lag slightly, maybe 200-300 rpm on average

^^^ wut kinda fmic is it and where did u get ur piping?

btw, i have my boost gauge and boost controller already but haven't installed it... is there anything wrong with increasing the boost to 11-12psi max with the t25 and stock smic... or should i just wait for my front mount?

i have no idea wut it is, but its working, i got it off some garage on chemin chambly close to the 30, im gonna measure it for you soon, my other 1 was not much smaller but it did help spool that 200-300 rpm faster, and for boost im running the t25 with a 3inch exhaust, no boost controller im boosting around 9-10 psi, as for the smic and that boost, i dont know, but the t25 is usually only capable of doing 13 properly max, from what ive read from use experience, mines running strong at 9-10 tho.

2 1/4'' in/out avec un fmic de 3x24x8

reponse incroyable avec un T25

jai roulé 2 ans avec sa et setais fou la difference avec un autre S13 SR meme setup que moi mais avec un fmic plus gros

je boostais 12psi

just go to any garage that can get you a FMIC and specify the size you want, look around get the best price cause imo an intercooler is an intercooler, their made of the same materials half the time(maybe all the time i dont know wut their evgfen made of,alimunum?), just make sure the inlet and outlet welds are clean and not in the way on the inside and ur good! like he said above, sounds like a good size intercooler, as i said mines a bit to big and i feel teh lagzorz!

oops didnt read ur post right, i dont kno where to get piping, the guys who got me my intercooler got me the piping for 75$

my piping doesnt have a nipple for the wastegate actuater vacuum, and now its connected to a T on the blow of valve between the vacuum from the TB which i know it should, i need new piece of pipe

btw, is the increased time in pressurization due to the core size or the piping?

like wut happens if i get a larger core but use smaller piping?

or would lag be caused by both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back