Best way to protect your bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

[ShInGo]

Legacy Member
What is the best alarm system I can put on a bike, should I had chain or lock??

Don't give me some stupid comment like, leave it in the garage or pay a big black dude to watch it.

I need good advice.

when your at home if you don't have a garage (or even if you do) get two 5 Gal buckets. THe big ones that go up to your knee. Get some quick drying cement, go to a garage and have them bend you two 3/4 - 1" rods into a U shape... Fill the 2 buckets with the quick drying cement, stick the rod in the cement and let it all dry out.

Chain your bike's two wheels to the buckets. It'll be harder to lift off the ground with two dead weights like that hanging on the bike.

When you're not home.... disk brake lock, clutch handle lock, motion sensitive alarm (so no one sits on the bike and tilts it). If you chain your bike to something, do that.

edit: the best alternative to the buckets if you've got a home with a driveway or something... Put anchoring hook in your driveway and chain your bike to that. You could also make a sonotube filed with cement in the ground next to your asphalt if you've got that, stick the U rod in there.

Last edited:
Well alarm wise, your stuck with Vipers, all insurance companies will force you to get one or they will not insure your bike (98 and over sport bikes). If you ask me, an alarm will do nothing because most guys that steel bikes just grab hem and dump them in a van so even if it has an alarm, that won't stop them and by the time you hear it, the bike will already be in the van and far away. When you park your bike, get a nice disk lock (I put mine on even when the bike is in my garage) and it's a very good idea to chain your bike to something very secure and get a nice big chain. That's pretty much all you can do. I had an old trick with cars but it does not work with bikes.

Thanks, at my home, there is not any problem, I'm gonna put the bike in the garage, and the only way to access the garage is going throu the front door, and if someone is stupid enaugh to try that, my father's gonna shoot him with his 12".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back