Thinking of getting my Bike License !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watever

Legacy Member
Hi,

My friend are all over me to get my license cause they are getting theirs ! and I think they are succeding cause I really think it would be good !

I always loved bike but was scared off cause I tought I would kill myself in one or anything like that ! but I think now I am a little bit older and I have experience with cars and yeah I have been crazy at first but now I am a little bit better and don't do that kind of things ! I drive more slowly (rarely over 120) and I think I won't do the little stupid guy !

also I was at first thinking that I would get a miata and mofify it, but I think a bike would be better, I wanted a miata cause it was convertible but a bike is kinda the same lol ! and it would be better cause I can get it in my home without problem, I only have a garage and my mon is taking it soo :( ! Also a bike cost less and cost less to put store in winter(home) !

but still I don't know a lot about the bikes and I would like more help on it !

1) How much does it cost to have the license (500-600) overall ?
2) How much test I have to past, the theory, the circuit, then 7 months and then the real one ?
3) How much is the insurance on a bike
4) I am thinking of getting a little bike not something too crazy, I think 600cc would be kinda good or something like that, What would you suggest me ?
5) What year would be better, should I go new ?

thank you !

1) For the training, around 500$ and in saaq around 170$ so 670$

2) You have to pass your theory so you can drive in close circuit, then one month later you can get your first apprentice license, for 7 month you can only drive with someone who has his license for more than 2 years. After the 7 month you can get your probatory license. With the probatory license you have 4 point and zero alcool tolerance for 2 years, if you already have your full car license, it's 15 point and .08 alcool in your blood.

3) If you want full protection, forget it, it will cost you around half the price of the bike per year, if you want thief, fire, civil responsability, you can get price between 500-1000$ depending on the year of the bike

4) Anything japanese, the yzf-600R is a good bang for the buck, cbr are a little overpriced, zx6r are ugly but if you like them, there great and finaly GSX-R is a great choice too.

5) It depend on your money, it's always cool to have a new bike, but if you fall with a new bike, it will cost ya.

I hope it help.

thank you ! :D !

what is the Theoric exam like ? does it's look like the car one ? or I need to study with a new book etc... ?

the CBR is honda ?
the GSX-R is suzuki ?
yzf-600-R don't know ?
and zx6r don't know ?

got any place I can find pictures and information, spec etc... about those ?

thank you ! :D !

The yzf-600-R is yamaha and the zx-6 or 7 is kawa. How old are you? how tall are you? what do you weigh and what are you looking for in a bike? Those are all the questions you have to ask yourself when you buy one.

Now not to offend any gixxers or ninjas out there, but if you are anywhere near 6 feet then small 600 cc sports bikes can be pretty rough on the ass and the knees. also on the insurance. The minute your insurance company sees "sport" category, you are gonna pay 1000 a year for insurance. Here's a trick my insurance guy gave me.

For your first bike, go out and buy what we call "sport touring" bikes. for example...

Suzuki sv650, (2001 model 6500$)
Honda VFR 750 or 800 (any model year)
Yamaha Bandit or Seca ( I think yamy makes the bandit...)
Kawasaki Ninja 500 R (small bike cheap insurance GREAT learning bike)

You just have to be careful whe nyou buy a bike because some of these machines have WAYYYYYY too much torque for a begginer, and that spells danger. Stick to anything BELOW 750 CC to start and try to get a bike that is light (so you can pick it up if you frop it !!! LOL) anyways, hoefully I didn't offend anybody by giving my PERSONAL opinion, if I did I apologize and I am willing to cut a deal (cash) please don't break my face... hehe

I am 20 years old, 6'1 200 lbs, and my bike for this summer is a Honda VFR 750, its great to ride, its comfortable for long rides especially down south, its got plenty of torque to bring the nose up on gas, and it looks GREAT!

Hope this helped, Tis the season to be riding.

I am 5'10, something like 160lbs and I am looking for a bike to have fun but I don't want to go fast and kill myself ! :D !

that's not my kind, I am not a speedster ! I rarely go over 120 with my car !

also I was thinking of a sport bike under 600cc I don't need it to be fast and I don't want to pay too much for insurance.

but the main problem is before I do go buy one etc... I would need to try one ! jsut to sit in the back of someone, I never done that, soo I might just not love the feeling of it I don't even know !

some one want to give me a try !? :D ! :dunno:

what about a honda CBR 600 ? that's much that powerful and i belive it's good cause it's a honda ! lol ! :D ! also it's look nice and for older one it doesn't look like too much in price.

Last edited:
Today I have gone to some dealer with my friend ! he want to buy his bike but probably wait a little bit more soo he have more money in his pocket !

but I was like :eek: I want one ! :D ! Damn it ! :D ! I loved the Suzuki !

Also one I really love is the New 03 Suzuki SV 650 ! that's a nice bike, not too sporty but still have some, just the right power I belive ! 648cc and it's look nice lol ! :D ! The guy also told me it's probably cheaper in insurance cause it's not like a real Sport Bike also Suzuki put it in the Katana class and that'swhat insurance do ? I think it might be good one for next year no ? :D !

Can someone give me a ride in a bike ! :D ! I need to know how it feels like heheehe ! :D !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back