Lincoln swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiveo93

Could someone tell me what type of engine could be put in a licoln 1966? I would like to put some power in it at a moderate price. thanks.

What's in it now? How much do you want to spend on a swap? Have you considered building up the original engine?

Those cars already came with big blocks so I don't see the point in swapping in something else in there. I would go for a rebuild if I was you. What do you have in it now? Isn't it a 460?

I have a 66 and a 67 Lincoln - the stock motor is a 462 MEL motor that was only manufactured for that particular car. It has no interchangeable parts with the 460, unless you do some intake work to swap carbs. The motor is 340 horsepower and 500 ft lbs stock, which is more than enough when you consider the brakes for that car.

If you start looking at swaps, it's going to be pricey, because you will also have to swap the transmission - the C6 that came with the car is an early C6 and it won't bolt properly to a 460 which is the only motor you will find to make more power at a reasonable price. Stick with the motor that is in there, and remember, it's not a race car.

If you have any Lincoln questions, don't be afraid to ask.

I was suppose to purchase a 1966 licoln convertible with suicide door all white inside and outside. And I changed my mind over the week-end. I will wait for a better one this one was a bit rough to much work to do to much money to spend. "67 Continental" Your 1966 is it convertible like the one I was to buy? Is it in good shape? Do you have pics of it? Is it mod a bit? If I find one during the summer I will maybe conatc you for info. I planned to put a hydrolic suspension on it, to make it a low rider. Anyway talk to you later, thank for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back