Parking Logistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodeus

I had an idea which I would like to run by you guys for commentaries.

How feasible would it be to assign parking areas at lafleur's with respect to car make / country of origin? Obviously keeping the areas closest to the doors for regular paying patrons who are simply there to go eat.

The idea came to mind after noticing that Germans, Trucks and Americans are relatively well outnumbered by Asian vehicles. It would give the meet more of a car show feeling to know that such an area is for bmw, mercedes, audi, VW, another area for all trucks, etc.

It would make it easier for those with questions about modding their cars to speak with peeps who own the same brand and have past experiences with different mod setups.

Just a thought.

i agree with you it's a good idea it would be nice :)

but how will this be organised ?

I don't see the point as it is not a car show,but a meet where owners talk to each other,my 2 cents

Just park where you want, the main purpose of these meet is to meet ppl who have the same interest as you.

Anyways, it is a good idea to leave the parking spot close to the doors for normal customers. we don't have to make it a rule

In the late 90's, someone from a muscle car group spoke to the owner at Lafleures, and he sectioned off the front area (left from when you just drive in off hymus) for just muscle. Mind you, there was only that area squared off (20 cars or so).
But seperating cars according to origin might actually be a bad idea in the long run, because it will create brand rivalry. Its better and friendlier all mixed up, as someone else said "its just a meet".

good idea but dont think it will work an dhey we are payin patrons 2 we just hang out for a longer time

True we are paying patrons who take their time. But 3 'in & out' patrons are worth more to the business than 1 patron who enjoys his lafleur feast for 3-4 hours. :)

As for the reference to brand rivalry. It is possible but highly unlikely. The reason I advanced this proposal was to increase the efficiency of the meet, with regards to discussions about steps towards modifications.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback

This is a great idea for a Saturn driver like me.

You better reserve a huge space cause we're abundant.

(that was sarcasm by the way)

i don't like the idea.

I don't want to be ghetto-ized.
the whole point is to mix and mingle and enjoy each other's company.
if cars go by make and model, it makes the whole thing take on a tacky feel to it.

my 0.02$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back