Used bike, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[ShInGo]

Legacy Member
I want a bike, and I was wondering if we save a great deal between a new bike and a used bike.

I want a R6 and I looked at a 1999 R6 with around 20000km and a new one.

I can get the new one for 11500$ with taxes and I can get a 99 at 8000$.

I have enaugh money to buy the new one, but I'm not sure, it's still 3500$ more, The problem is not the money, it's the value, I hate to pay too much for something, even if it dosent cost too much.

A new bike is always cool but for the price difference, do you think it's worth it?? One thing more, the new R6 is way better than the old one.

I would say go with the new one.......becasue the 2003 looks amazing (front end) but also has received major updates and tweaks compared the 1999 one.........

Good Luck:bigup:

Originally posted by JeTTa Type R
I would say go with the new one.......becasue the 2003 looks amazing (front end) but also has received major updates and tweaks compared the 1999 one.........

Good Luck:bigup:

Yeah, it's a big improvement over an already fantastic bike.

One other problem is the insurance, I don't want to pay for the full insurance (it's around 2000$) for a new bike but one way with thief and fire it's 600$ wich is not that big.

i agree on getting a new bike..if you are willing to spend the cash its worth it to have a bike thats all your own..you know where its been how its been ridden etc..the new r6 is a sweet bike!received many small upgrades over time and is now tweeked to make it a crazy bike(plus it looks cool!)

Well you have a good dilema here. If the model of the R6 was still the same for 2003, I would have told you to go used but since it's a new model, I would tell you to go new.

For insurance, if you don't want to insure it for full coverage, just get a personal loan at your bank, that way there is no link between the loan and the bike and you can insure it in what ever way you want (that's what I always do when I get cars and bikes). A personal loan = no financial link to what ever you buy with the loan.

Originally posted by WhiteZomby
Well you have a good dilema here. If the model of the R6 was still the same for 2003, I would have told you to go used but since it's a new model, I would tell you to go new.

For insurance, if you don't want to insure it for full coverage, just get a personal loan at your bank, that way there is no link between the loan and the bike and you can insure it in what ever way you want (that's what I always do when I get cars and bikes). A personal loan = no financial link to what ever you buy with the loan.

It's not about the loan, I saved enaugh money in the last year to pay the bike cash, it's just that if I scrap the bike, I will cry for 3 months hehe.

It's not that expensive to fix a bike if it goes down if you can work on it yourself. I fixed mine last week from a little wreck in Tenessee. The bike went down a ditch some 35 feet and it didn't even come out to 1000$. When all was said and done, it cost me a total of 950$ to fix the bike and I got some new parts I wanted to buy anyways so it could have been even cheaper. You have to choose if you want to pay 2000$ worth of insurance for 5 years without every using it or keep it in your pockets. That's what I choose but I do have a 98 GSX-R, I'm not sure I would do the same with a new bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back