Supra or Prelude or Nissan 240SX SR20DET

Status
Not open for further replies.

supraman

What's Up! or what's trying to race you!!!

Anyway, I was suppose to buy a Supra this summer with the help of my parents of course($$$). The twin turbo (93-96) is really expensive. The car is between 25k-30k if you want low mileage because the lower the mileage I believe higher the price. So, with all the modification (engine, body, mags....) will cost my over 7k! More maybe? Therefore, if I buy a Supra, I believe I will drive it almost stock this summer.

Now a Prelude is a good Honda car. the price for a 98 is what 16-18k with low mileage and VTEC of course. This car with a Jackson Racing supercharger and all the modification (exhaust, intake, header, fuel regulator.....) and much more will give me around 350hp enough for the streets. It will cost me 30k but the car will be very modified.

The Nissan is a very nice car, the one that looks like the Silvia. the engine is very crappy KA24DE with 155hp. But I could built my own S15 with a SR20DET (247 hp) and apply the look of a Silvia. The prices I don't know but I know someone that could send me all the pieces that I need from Japan.

:dunno: what should I do???:dunno:

stock supra or full loaded modified car?:dunno: :confused:

need some info *banghead*

Go for the Supra dude!!! You run on something that you will tuned yourself, Because when is done by someone else and then you buy the project you don't really know the truth about everything.

and I use to own a 95 supra and believe me it's not just a car, it's something undescribe that make those cars so nice and so incredible!!

My 2 cents

and I use to own a 95 supra and believe me it's not just a car, it's something undescribe that make those cars so nice and so incredible!!
my sentiments exactly

go for the supra and never look back:bigup:

Forget the S15! i dont understand why you want that it's to expensive ! you should get a 240Sx (S13 or S14) with a SR20DET (BT or RT) whit 10K's on the engine you should be good to pull 300-350WHP !

that's my personnal opinion ! Supra = expensive , prelude = FWD and Honda , Nissan = power !

Of course if you have the money, Supra is still the best choise !

all depends on what you want ,..

Personaly i love the supra :D but its is a heavy car with great power potential and great look.

Nissan 240sx is a lot lighter and with a Sr20det Red top you can propel that little 240sx quite fast ... Price of a good 240SX say 1995 arond 12 g's for low millage .. Price of the SR20det swap i know a shop that does it complete but i cant remember the price..

It all comes down to what you want AND how much your willing to spend.

Prelude is a nice car but thats it.

BAHAHAH... that's a no brainer dude. Supra or Prelude Vtec??? Damn man...Supra of course.

I owned Supra and a '97 Prelude...I refer to the Prelude as the POS now.

For you to get 350hp to the wheels on a Prelude...you're dreaming. A JR supercharger and all the other goodies will only bump give you something like 250hp or so at most. With the Supra, spending $5k USD on a single turbo kit will give you more like 450-500rwhp on stock fuel.

To be realistic, you will never find a used MKIV in Canada for $25K unless it is in extremely bad condition or needs work. Most Supras go for $34-45K CDN.

first of all, i cant believe youre comparing a Prelude to a supra TT. second of all, the KA24 is not a "very crappy" engine.
maybe you should get the honda....you sound right for it.

you have the choice between a supra a prelude and a 240sx its not a question go for the supra its one of the best street car ever made that dnt cost a half of million of $$ and it can make a lot of power

I agree with IS300Turbo and Huy, there's no way you've found a supra TT for 25k-30k CDN... I honestly doubt it. USD maybe or else it ain't a TT.

Anyways, if this question arose this owuld mean you'd have the finance to purchase it, so without hesitation get the supra. Who cares if it's stock for a summer. Just means you won't be harassed by cops, and if you are you slap them and say it's STOCK.

and if you're still not sure, go with what Stirl said, stick to the prelude, less of a hassle.

Originally posted by Hey-G
I agree with IS300Turbo and Huy, there's no way you've found a supra TT for 25k-30k CDN... I honestly doubt it. USD maybe or else it ain't a TT.

Anyways, if this question arose this owuld mean you'd have the finance to purchase it, so without hesitation get the supra. Who cares if it's stock for a summer. Just means you won't be harassed by cops, and if you are you slap them and say it's STOCK.

and if you're still not sure, go with what Stirl said, stick to the prelude, less of a hassle.

hehe. i actually meant that cuz this guy doesnt seem like he'd be able to truly appreciate the supra or 240.

Originally posted by Stirl_ae86
first of all, i cant believe youre comparing a Prelude to a supra TT. second of all, the KA24 is not a "very crappy" engine.
maybe you should get the honda....you sound right for it.

i think you said it best stirl... i agree all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back