Help me decide on Aero (Sil80)

wut aero for the sil80?

• existing aero (version select type III)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • less aggressive aero (vs type II/vertex/b magic)

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • oem silvia front bumper/side skirts/bumper & valance)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • oem AERO OPTION bumper/side skirts/bumper & valence)

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoYaL FLuSH

ok, i've been trying to decide for a while wut aero i want on the sil80... right now it has version select type III on it... when i got the car i initially had the intention of going back to oem aero (front bumper/side skirts/ rear bumper and valance) but recently when i tell ppl that i'm doing so they tell me it would look better with the existing version select type III... i also have thought about going with less aggressive aftermarket aero like version select type II, vertex, or b magic...

initially i wanted to go back to oem aero for a more conservative look. it would also be more possible to lower the car more without worrying about cracking huge fiberglass aero. another reason would be just practicality... steep driveways and being able to get on a garage left without having to use 10 blocks of wood...

anyways, i'd just like to get some of your opinions to maybe help me decide... thanks

The car presently (Version Select type III)
DSC00456.jpg

less aggressive aero (Version select type II/Vertex/B Magic)
bmagicsilvias13.jpg

OEM silvia front bumper
sil8006.jpg

OEM silvia AERO front bumper (I really like this one but sh!t is hard to find and expensive)
silvia02.jpg

Help a brova out!!! :D

I'll go with the Version select type II/Vertex/B Magic. They will match with the rest of your body kit (side skirts and rear bumper).

oh, i should also mention that i already have oem side skirts and rear valence just chillin in my garage...

so i just need a rear bumper, front bumper or aero bumper

Either OEM Aero front bumper with stock sides and rear, or Origin Lab Stylish or Stream, shit is tight as ****.

Stream:
S13F.jpg

180R.jpg

Stylish:
S13F.jpg

180R.jpg

lol... i couldnt remember origin lab's name... so i left them out...lol

anyways, yea i like the stylish (similar to the others i mentioned)

Yeah man for sure either go with the Origin Labs or get the OEM Aero. The thing with the Oem Aero bumper is that it's high quality and won't break real easily if hit, has more flex and allows you really slam your car. The down side is it's really hard to find and when you do find it people are usually asking way too high prices.

Like I said on MSN:

Your current kit is BALLER... and instantly recognizable as YOUR car. If it was me, I'd save the money and up the ante on the engine to match its looks. Plus if it's a summer car, I might as well go ALL OUT!

But, if in your mind you had the PERFECT idea of your sil-80 look, go with that hunch. Otherwise you're always going to wonder how YOUR PERFECT vision would have turned out with the OEM aero option.

If you're undecided keep both until you've made a decision then sell one.

but IMO, go with what you originally intended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back