What to do...what to do....I need all opinions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

logik23

Legacy Member
As some of you might know, I had my floor and frame rails redone a few weeks ago. Today I was going to install some stuff on the front end so I took the wheels off and saw that there was a big rip in the inner fender wall. Around the shock tower all the way to where the harness comes through near the door and then down to where the driver footwell is. :(:(:(:( What kills me is the body is crazy clean.

Obviously, I have do do something about this.

Should I get it fixed? And maybe find other little surprises like this later on.

Should I buy a stripped shell, get it sand blasted, get 110% of the rust fixed and swap everything over?

Should I sell this car and start over with a new car? Maybe a JDM car?

Thx for any input...

post pics... it's kinda hard to know the extent of the damage from just a description

.... u just put in a big chunk of change to get other parts of the car welded too... is it that bad? how in the world did u not notice a big "rip" this size before?

post pics... it's kinda hard to know the extent of the damage from just a description

.... u just put in a big chunk of change to get other parts of the car welded too... is it that bad? how in the world did u not notice a big "rip" this size before?

It was all hidden behind undercoating. I saw a little crack, started picking at it and before I new it, I had ripped out a hand full of rust. It's fixable, but I know there are other things that are starting to rust and I'm sick of this rust bullshit. lol

Achete toi une front clip avec un sr dedans et le probleme va etre réglé.

Jvais pas souder 2 chars ensemble. lol

Lol...répare le... c'est pas grave du tout. Moi aussi c'était caché en dessous du gravel guard..... Sinon et bien, vend moi ta voiture 2000$

that's exactly what i went into Aubichon for. Though I did floors and a small part of the rails too. You're looking at around $600 before taxes for just that area.

1 - Get it fixed = you keep your clean "body" car (they're not THAT easy to come by now!) and continue the plans. it'll cost you around $600

2 - Buy a frame = learning experience and a REAL patience tester

3 - Buy a JDM = CLEAN as heck and minimal worries but it'll cost you more upfront.

If I were you, I'd go number 1. And that's exactly what I did with my car.

1. Don't buy a JDM car, honestly it'll ruin your image.
2. Get it fixed. Why? Cause you've probably grown attached to the car and in the end its a lot more to brag about. I couldn't swap for another S14 exacly like mine because of an issue, I'd work through it.

gtir isn't the baby godzilla!! u lose!!!

2,500 posts a year

6 posts a day, ur an animal!!!!!

FIX IT, DO IT, DO IT, NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW WEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAA

Thx for the answers guys. I'm ganna fix it. This rly sucks though cause I'm running out of money....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back