Performance modification on a sportbike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[ShInGo]

Legacy Member
What are the most common modification on a bike?

New exaust system?
What does it change, is it just for the weight and look or those it increase the power too?

I'm curious about what you can do to a bike.

depends on the system butsome boost power you should either re-jet or re-program the fi.
K+n air filters help out as well, and for the exhaust you can put a full system with headers and a pipe for maximum gain.

Well if your only talking about slip-ons, that won't give you much HP, maybe 2 or 3 tops. If your talking about a complete system (including header), yes that will give your some HP. I got 12 hp at the rear wheel with my Gixxer when I installed my Hindle full system with 4 to 1 header and K&N filter and some remapping of my ECU. Now, my bike went down a couple of weeks ago (yes, with me on it) and it ripped off my Hindle exhaust so I had to reinstall my stock one and I can really tell that I lost power but I ordered a D&D full system and should be installing it as soon as I have a couple of hours to do it.

Most popular mods on bikes: exhaust, K&N, changing the rear sproket for more acceleration, stearing dampers and then most guys go for look more than performance. It's very rare you see someone change anything in an engine on a sport bike.

La R1 a 10lbs de plus que la R6 si je me souvient bien alors ca vaut pas vraiment la peine de faire ca :D

That's right LP-R6. A R1 as basically the same weight as a R6, same if you compare a CBR954RR and a CBR600F4i, or GSX-R 1000 and GSX-R 600.

Dyno-jet, 4into1 vances&hines or yosh., larger front sproket for faster acceleration. that's what I've done to my cbr9rr. gained close to 30hp.
trust me 30 extra horses on a 400lb bike = better hang on!

Originally posted by 6thgear
Dyno-jet, 4into1 vances&hines or yosh., larger front sproket for faster acceleration. that's what I've done to my cbr9rr. gained close to 30hp.
trust me 30 extra horses on a 400lb bike = better hang on!

Le dyno-jet c'est juste pour les bikes qui fonctionnent à carburateur, right?

A full system will not give you 30hp...
Changing the sprokets will yiel faster acceleration at the expense of top speed, but who needs to go 160mph anyway? This does not add power, it just increases the thrust available.
A slip on muffler will give you between 3-8hp and a full system about 5-6 more depending on the bike.

ouep et si vous etes vraiment un freak il y a toujours une option turbo pour ceux qui en on jamais assez.

je le mentionne car je commence a m'interesser serieusement au fairing et j'ai bien l'intention de passer mon permis d'ici l'été prochain. me trouver un beau petit GSX1100 1990 a peu pres pour pas sa me coute un bras d'assurance et que si j'ai le maleur de prendre une fouille en faisant tout plein d'affaire bien sa va etre moins domageable. et peut etre m'essayer avec un turbo si je me fais pas trop peur avec des upgrades quasi bolt-on.

entk sa en vient a que je vous conseil tous de trouver le video d'un GSXR600 turbo et vous me direz ce que vous en pensé. enciron 7 mo le video

ALP
Beav

6thgear, 30 HP from a full exhaust and a jet kit??? sounds optimistic to me (more like 10 - 12 hp max) and if you want more acceleration, you need a smaller front sproket and/or larger rear one, not the other way around.

I've heard about the Power Commander for injection bikes,,,I think that you can play like dyno jets on a carb bike but not sure

Honestly Shingo, if you wanna go fast, i`d take classes at Fast school for example (no more places though) and work on your riding technique ... your riding technique will have a huge impact on how fast you are on your bike obviously... plus i always go into intensive training to reduce my bodyfat % to reduce unnecessary weight (im dead serious) gained during the winter months :)... my friend and i ride 954 CBR and the CBR 600 RR respectively and we regularly beat the R1`s and GSX-R1000 out there cause these people cant shift properly ! Sounds bad but i`ve seen people losing 2-3 seconds per shifts !!!! their bikes would take forever to accelerate !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back