My parents are all over me not to get one ! :( !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watever

Legacy Member
I don't understand !

my mother and father are all against me soo I don't get a bike ! they say it's too dangerous and that I will kill myself !

I know I can do what ever I want but I still don't want them to be mad against me and have all those problems ! They said they won't help me to get one and they won't help me with study or anything ! that they won't pay for anything anymore and that I would have to pay all my study etc...

I just don't understand ! The Ex of my mother have a cruiser and she have done some with it, but she say it's dangerous and she was affraid :( ! but she seemed like not hating it ! :( ! also her husband that she have now have make a lot in the past. Soo what's wrong ?

I know my father really don,t want that, he think it's very too much dangerous and crazy. My mother in law always wanted one but he always said no and she agree with me but not my father ! :(

what can I do damn it ! I need to do something ! :cry: Cause they won't help me anymore and I want at least my license after that we will see ! :(

Give them a little time. My parents took time before deciding too.

But my dad rode motos when he was young, sooo it was pretty easy convincing him. ;)

My dad had one when he was young so he was pretty cool about it, still I had to pay all my classes and exams......

Parents are always like that, because it is true, it is dangerous and they just want to protect their loved one(you)......

As gadha said, give them time......and Good Luck !:bigup:

Yeah but it's not about paying my class for the bike etc.. that's not a problem ! when I am talking that they don't want to pay for school, I mean University ! not school bike !

and my dad never rode bike because he is sure that's just too dangerous and too risky !

I don't know what to say ! :( ! damn it !

I didn't say I want a bike, I just tell them I was thinking about it and I want to pass my class ! I don't even know if I would like to drive a bike !

your too young .. your not experienced enough you probably will kill yourself especially if you never rode when you were young

Originally posted by AirgasmWUT?
your too young .. your not experienced enough you probably will kill yourself especially if you never rode when you were young

soo I never drove a car when I was younger and I can do it ! I am able to drive nice ! Won't that be the same with a bike no ! you need a time to lear no ?

I just want a little bike man ! I don't want a big bike ! I want a small 600 or may be even less ! I don't want a superbike, a touring one would be just fine for me ! nothing more !

I am not going to go crazy with a bike, like in a car, I never go faster than 120 soo won't that be the same with a bike damn it ! :( !

also I am still young but not that young, is 20 really young ? :(

Well how old are you?

If your parents don't want you to, better not get one because like you said, you will loose all help from them for paying for school and trust me, university is more important than riding a bike. Just wait, when your done with school, then you'll be able to get one. Same thing happened to me but my dad told me he would kick me out plain and simple because they didn't pay for anything of mine anyways so that was the only thing they could threaten me with. Now I have my bike and who's laughing?

Don't mix car driving and bike riding. Riding a bike is not at all the same as driving a car. Anybody can drive a car but riding a bike is very hard at the beginning and you need alot more talent to ride a bike than drive a car. I'm not saying you can, just telling you there's a big difference between the 2. If you've never riden a bike before, you will find out when you start your courses.

Originally posted by WhiteZomby
Well how old are you?

If your parents don't want you to, better not get one because like you said, you will loose all help from them for paying for school and trust me, university is more important than riding a bike. Just wait, when your done with school, then you'll be able to get one. Same thing happened to me but my dad told me he would kick me out plain and simple because they didn't pay for anything of mine anyways so that was the only thing they could threaten me with. Now I have my bike and who's laughing?

Don't mix car driving and bike riding. Riding a bike is not at all the same as driving a car. Anybody can drive a car but riding a bike is very hard at the beginning and you need alot more talent to ride a bike than drive a car. I'm not saying you can, just telling you there's a big difference between the 2. If you've never riden a bike before, you will find out when you start your courses.

I AGREE TOTALLY...I remember my first few whacks at a little 50cc when i was around twelve.......Couple a nice spills.
Never bite the hand that feeds you....just wait till your independant then get a bike.
Maybe try to get a little xl 100 or something enduro to "show" your parents you are trying to learn to ride safely.Then upgrade with time and expierience.

your inexperiance with bikes shows Watever... you want a small 600cc..... some 600cc bikes like the R6 or GSX R run 1/4 mile in 10s. This is definately fast enough to kill you. 19 years old is not a good time to pick these things up ... you will get raped on insurance anyways and you won't be able to handle a 600cc bike with onky a Morty's course..... just my opinion on things

I disagree with you Air.. I just got my license like 2 weeks ago and bought a 750CC shadow right away... it's fast as hell but i can control it.. those courses are pretty good, I never rode a bike in my life. Im pretty sure that at 20 my parents would of not let me get a bike. Im 25 now and my mother was still pissed at me for 2 weeks when I told her I was oging for my license, but you know what? I payed my school, I payed my license, and I payed my bike, plus I payed my parents to live at their house. Dude.. dont take this the wrong way, but quit whining and get a job... if you want a bike bad enough, you'll pay yer university, you'll pay yer bike, yer insurance, yer helmet, yer jacket, yer registration, yer boots, yer gloves, yer glasses.... yeah im not done,, I dropped 5000$ this year on a 2500$ bike... Well anyways.. I dont wanna be a prick or anything but sometimes you gotta do what you wanna do, lifes too short... live it up.... just dont forget to make sure you got a good job and plenty of $$$ in the bank before you go buy yer first bike... expect it to cost you close to double whatever the bike costs.... plates are 326$....

Good luck man, I hope you do what you gotta do.

I disagree with you Air.. I just got my license like 2 weeks ago and bought a 750CC shadow

A 750cc shadow doesnt have half the power of a r6 ou cbr600 etc.. and it wieghts more. Its really a different class. Even most experienced drivers wont be able to ride these bike at there full potential. And there engine arent all that tractable, I'd suggest a sv650 or another small v-twin bike as the engine is much easier to get a hang of. Just dont go too big as the engine breaking could give you some little suprise...

Originally posted by VwAlex
A 750cc shadow doesnt have half the power of a r6 ou cbr600 etc.. and it wieghts more. Its really a different class. Even most experienced drivers wont be able to ride these bike at there full potential. And there engine arent all that tractable, I'd suggest a sv650 or another small v-twin bike as the engine is much easier to get a hang of. Just dont go too big as the engine breaking could give you some little suprise...

yeah but has a first bike I think a shadow is ok ! the Sv650 is very nice ! It's a nice bi turbo ! the Gs500 is also good but not the same style and look but I find it a nice bike too just a different taste hehe ! :D !

but yeah I will wait because of that ! And yeah I have a good job has a student, man I paying my car and everything ! the only thing I am not paying is the university and the food and a place to live ! but everything else ! that's why I still live here.
I will probably wait before get one ! but I just tough of at least getting my license not necesserly getting a bike ! if I got my license at 20 and get a bike at 25 it would kinda like if I got 5 years of exeperience with no badluck soo good for insurance :rolleyes: and if I want one before and I can get it would be good ! no ? hehe

I will see what I can do ! Only futur will know ! also if I only get the license how much is each year to get it back ? I mean the "renouvellement" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back