Engine in 91 corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnoSR

my friend is interested in a 91 vette but is not sure what engine is in it, if you can tell me what engine code it was for those years and any performance numbers it would be appreciated

I don't have any engine codes but here are some performance numbers:
1991 Chevrolet Corvette 13.9
1991 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster 14.1

This are 1/4 mile times.

Originally posted by neonACR95
I don't have any engine codes but here are some performance numbers:
1991 Chevrolet Corvette 13.9
1991 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster 14.1

This are 1/4 mile times.

thanks

do u know if thats an lt5 or an lt1......he is looking at a non zr1
6 speed.

from what I know they had a LT! version in there, it was TPI..actually I'm almost sure it was an LT1. but ask Tom he'll know for sure.

Originally posted by 15seccavi
from what I know they had a LT! version in there, it was TPI..actually I'm almost sure it was an LT1. but ask Tom he'll know for sure.

i think its an lt5 but its rated at 375 hp which is IMO pretty high considering me and my bottle smoke older vettes....

any one know for shure

Originally posted by iroc4ever
Lets give a bottle to an older Vette and we'll see who smokes who!!

haha i expected that...give a bottle to anything and if it runs better than a 13.5 (on street tires with full interior and 18 inch wheels) than yes it smoked me :)

Originally posted by iroc4ever
13.5 with just a bottle??? I'm sure you have other mods done!! What kind of car do you have??

i have an integra GSR hence the GnoSR name :)

yes i have lots of mods with more to come......hope to be at 300whp by end of summer......im at 234 as of now.....(with bottle) 186 all motor........not to bad for a 4 banger :)

as long as i stay ahead of my buddies new vette.....

Originally posted by watch my dust
Eagle Talon TSI 1996 whit 356 hp no bottle

thank god for turbo`s

1/4 mille : 12.67 but ìt could be better:thumbsdow

u wanna see the fastest dsm we got over here check out www.tappauto.com under project dsm.....

btw those are some nice numbers...what turbo u using.........thats my next project once i fry my rings into replacement :)

The LT5 is the zr1 engine, in a 91 Vette it is a L98 with a bit more juice than the Camaro and Trans am the Lt1 started in 92 in the vetts and 93 for the Fbodies. I hope this help's!
300whp sounds impressive, what other mods do you have?

Originally posted by Z28Chevy
The LT5 is the zr1 engine, in a 91 Vette it is a L98 with a bit more juice than the Camaro and Trans am the Lt1 started in 92 in the vetts and 93 for the Fbodies. I hope this help's!
300whp sounds impressive, what other mods do you have?

what type of hp will the L98 be pumpin out.......

im not at 300whp yet.......my gsr is pretty much a type r engine (minus the pistons) with cutom intake manifold full exhaust cam gears hondata system (best enginmanagment available for honda IMO) and i run an 80 shot of nos......by summers end nos is out, block is being redone and im goin turbo........

im more impressed by 186 N/A whp that nos iduced mandness :)

Did you get your work done at Laminar?
the L98 is rated at 260hp and 92 LT1 is 300hp.

cool im not to worried now :)

no i got my work done @ tappauto in ottawa (see link above) and by myself in my back yard.......

its great fun but i do miss the v8 rumble.....

im lookin into a 96 z28 drop top for a cruiser next summer

I've heard good stuff about Tapp on midnightruns, do you go on Midnightruns ever?
I have a 94 Z28 with tops and Ilove it nothing replaces that V8 sound and feeling! i used to have a 90 civic si with the basic mods and it was a cool car but I needed to have another Camaro!
seeya later dude!! and good luck with your mods for the summer
:bigup:

I've heard good stuff about Tapp on midnightruns, do you go on Midnightruns ever?
I have a 94 Z28 with tops and Ilove it nothing replaces that V8 sound and feeling! i used to have a 90 civic si with the basic mods and it was a cool car but I needed to have another Camaro!
seeya later dude!! and good luck with your mods for the summer
:bigup:

midnightruns is dead :(

there is a new one that took over but it will suck like MR did,,,,we have too many little kids on it.....this site is amazing compared to midnight runs.....i posted this question there and my first reply was from some ricer saying "vettes suck".....

Chriss tapp in IMO MR HONDA POWER...his civic just dynoed at almost 500 whp :eek: with a conservative tune....he will be in the 10's this summer......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back