Heat Wrap for Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoYaL FLuSH

To make a long story short, my downpipe has no heat shield and now my floor board gets extremely hot when driving. I am looking for a place that carries heat wrap for exhausts in an attempt to dissipate the heat. I tried CT today and they didn't have any. Anyone know where I can find some?

Since I have a Eurosport ceramic coated race headers for my exhaust. I will wrap my headers with woven glass tape to keep the heat as low as possible in the engine compartment and to accelerate exhaust gases.

Here is a 100 foot spool of tape. Looks like i got enough to do the entire exhaust line.

e9240acc.jpg

e9240a82.jpg

e9240a3b.jpg

should have wrapped them when I had the headers in my hand.

e91ed9cd.jpg

e91ed8da.jpg

e91ed7c1.jpg

e91ed6fb.jpg

i got mine at a V8 Speed Shop ,i had the same issue because my heat sheild was gone :p i paid 26$ and some change for 15ft at Lemeiux performance in Point Aux Trembles

I know Performance improvements has it in stock, but I would never pay their prices, your best bet is to order it from the states

I know Performance improvements has it in stock, but I would never pay their prices, your best bet is to order it from the states

i would have ordered it on line also but I needed it fast my exhaust was so hot that it was melting my tranny cables and i was having trouble shifting the car :( whats done is done and i gotta add that the Wrap does its job and does it right *tu*

I bought a DEI Exhaust Wrap 15 ft. roll for about 20-25$ good stuff !
I can order that from almost any speedshop, even Docteur du Pare-Brise and those places.

Heat wrapping definately works. Not only will it minimize the heat transferred into the engine bay, but the hotter the manifold the faster the exhaust gases can pass through it. The downside to wrapping a manifold/downpipe is that with the increased heat you run the risk of cracking the metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back